Thoughts from a hoop fan…... | The Boneyard

Thoughts from a hoop fan…...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Take these with a grain of salt but these are some things I saw:

The referees were inept…….most should be doing women's field hockey after review. So many bad spots that weren't acknowledged by large amounts too, some 2 yards…..plain awful in every facet of refeeeing the game'

The QB carousel needs to get tossed NOW…..Cochran is the guy and needs to stay on the field.

The O Line was okay, kept a pocket a lot - Cochran hung in while Whitmer took off too many times.

The receivers are talented but they need to catch it out in front of them, get their hands out. Waited too many times for the ball to be caught in chest or stomach. But they are open.

RB's may be fine, young group and talented.

Great call not screen early to Newsome - can we call another one?

Lots of opportunities to score the ball, some bad play calling and some bad choices from QB's…….

Fake FG liked it, but you can't run OOB's ma….throw it up for grabs

Coach Diaco is too nice to everyone right now - refs,, kids included. Needs to be dominant out there in all ways!…..

The tight ends are pretty decent. McQuliian, Bllom and Myers - throw it over the middle more, less sideline stuff………

The D Line is slow, ends are tackles and can't run me down on the outside…….need speed

The DB's were ok but not as good as advertised…some had to do with no rush and lots of time, others the jury is out.

LB's not the same as the past where that was a strength. Stewart was in the wrong place many times, sometimes looked confused.

Overall it would seem HCPP left a pile of steamy crap to HCBD and I believe for the most part it's true. The defense is not close to the expectations of Huskies most recent past. They are slower, less athletic and would mostly be backups to most recent years.

All in all we will need to be patient in so many phases - new HCBD needs to get more command and be stern, the recruiting needs to get "faster and more athletic again", these kids will grow up and some may become eventual stars. It may be good news they are in the AAC as this would be tragic anywhere else. They stand a chance as the year goes on if they improve but in the meantime if the big conferences are watching, they will not be impressed.

Go Huskies!!

Reaction Score
I don't mind a fake field goal play, but when you have to pick up more than 5 yards it's a high risk play. It's better served trying when 3 yards or less are needed. There was no way the holder-runner was passing the ball. It was doomed to failure.

Reaction Score
Take these with a grain of salt but these are some things I saw:

The referees were inept…….most should be doing women's field hockey after review. So many bad spots that weren't acknowledged by large amounts too, some 2 yards…..plain awful in every facet of refeeeing the game'

The QB carousel needs to get tossed NOW…..Cochran is the guy and needs to stay on the field.

The O Line was okay, kept a pocket a lot - Cochran hung in while Whitmer took off too many times.

The receivers are talented but they need to catch it out in front of them, get their hands out. Waited too many times for the ball to be caught in chest or stomach. But they are open.

RB's may be fine, young group and talented.

Great call not screen early to Newsome - can we call another one?

Lots of opportunities to score the ball, some bad play calling and some bad choices from QB's…….

Fake FG liked it, but you can't run OOB's ma….throw it up for grabs

Coach Diaco is too nice to everyone right now - refs,, kids included. Needs to be dominant out there in all ways!…..

The tight ends are pretty decent. McQuliian, Bllom and Myers - throw it over the middle more, less sideline stuff………

The D Line is slow, ends are tackles and can't run me down on the outside…….need speed

The DB's were ok but not as good as advertised…some had to do with no rush and lots of time, others the jury is out.

LB's not the same as the past where that was a strength. Stewart was in the wrong place many times, sometimes looked confused.

Overall it would seem HCPP left a pile of steamy crap to HCBD and I believe for the most part it's true. The defense is not close to the expectations of Huskies most recent past. They are slower, less athletic and would mostly be backups to most recent years.

All in all we will need to be patient in so many phases - new HCBD needs to get more command and be stern, the recruiting needs to get "faster and more athletic again", these kids will grow up and some may become eventual stars. It may be good news they are in the AAC as this would be tragic anywhere else. They stand a chance as the year goes on if they improve but in the meantime if the big conferences are watching, they will not be impressed.

Go Huskies!!
Did you climb into my head and write this? My thoughts exactly. Could the D-line have pushed better? I think so but because of Hill they had to pull back a little. No blitzing either. I think it could have been part of the game plan not to rush Hill or his feet would have went into overdrive.

Reaction Score
Referees did not decide outcome, but they were terrible for both teams. Way too many nickel/ dime calls(flagfest)

Reaction Score
D line was a problem last night. We are using DTs as DEs and they don't have the speed/athleticism to do it. We have some pass rushers on the team, but Diaco has moved them to LB. BYU's QB did not have to worry about defensive pressure all night which made him look much better than he is.

Not going to beat many teams that have a decent QB with no pressure.

Reaction Score
What can I say. I am devastated. Hill was not touched or pressed the whole game. And with so much time Hill killed us. Our D was porous, slow, ineffective. Agreed CC is the stater, leave him in. It just seemed to me players were playing scared, confused. Where is the swagger, the energy, the hard hits, the enjoyment of playing the game. Of course it's tough when we let the opponents score at will. This showing reminded me of the disastrous last 3 years not of the dual championships just won this year.

Reaction Score
If the B1G or any other P-5 Conference was watching, they saw 5,000 empty seats for, arguably, the best team that we play this season.
They also saw about 35,000 empty seats midway through the 4th quarter.
We UConn fans need to step up no matter how this team plays over the next 2-3 years. That's how long it'll take Diaco to make this team ready for the likes of a BYU, or better team.

Reaction Score
If the B1G or any other P-5 Conference was watching, they saw 5,000 empty seats for, arguably, the best team that we play this season.
They also saw about 35,000 empty seats midway through the 4th quarter.
We UConn fans need to step up no matter how this team plays over the next 2-3 years. That's how long it'll take Diaco to make this team ready for the likes of a BYU, or better team.

Give up 14 points early like that, and the wind will be taken out of the sails every time until this program has a pulse again.

The fumble on our first play from scrimmage THIS SEASON will do that. What an awful omen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom