Those of you who wanted the season cancelled last year this loss to Holy Cross is on you. | The Boneyard

Those of you who wanted the season cancelled last year this loss to Holy Cross is on you.

Reaction Score
Yes logically was probably the right decision last year based on the logistics.

Just the fact that the decision was rushed without a wait and see approach and not fighting for your players to have a season, I felt was a very bad message to your players and your recruits, that would’ve been the courageous thing to do.

I give Umass credit for actually trying to have a season last year, we could’ve tried to atleast attempt to have schedule a game against Umass for a trophy try something. It’s easy for anyone to say how stupid what’s the point I guarantee it would have gone a long for Edsall’s players, it wouldn’t have hurt I’ll tell ya that.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

Just the fact that the decision was rushed without a wait and see approach and not fighting for your players to have a season, I felt was a very bad message to your players and your recruits, that would’ve been the courageous thing to do.

I give Umass credit for actually trying to have a season last year, we could’ve tried to atleast attempt to have schedule a game against Umass for a trophy try something. It’s easy for anyone to say how stupid what’s the point I guarantee it would have gone a long for Edsall’s players, it wouldn’t have hurt I’ll tell ya that.
I’m pretty sure the Boneyard didn’t get a vote when the players decided not to play.

And responsibility for the HC fiasco landed right where it should have: 2.0’s head.

Reaction Score
The only positive is no one got hurt. UMASS did it supposedly without spending any money.

Reaction Score

Yep we were going to be world beaters until that happened.

Reaction Score
Stupid us - we thought a pandemic actually transcends the importance of playing a handful of football games. Guess we have to eat crow on this one since we're in charge of what UConn's athletic department decides to do or not.

This board.....wow.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
What's UMass's excuse? They played last year. Did they get better going 0-4 while being outscored 161-12?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Who looked bigger, stronger, faster and better conditioned, UConn or Holly Cross (which played 4 games)?
Actually we did. But the coaching discrepancy was wider than that advantage.

Reaction Score
How many other teams went to their HC and asked to cancel the season?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom