Those darn new uniforms. Yuck! | The Boneyard

Those darn new uniforms. Yuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Nike UConn wcbb.jpg

I did a little net surfing to find out more about those much ballyhooed "Nike Elite Platinum Uniforms." The pic above is the one for UConn wcbb.

First, the victims (8 or 9) are bb teams that have won NC's while wearing "Nike kit."

What Nike calls platinum ( I know I know, we call it something else) is apparently the standard color, which begs the question: What if opposing teams are both wearing these monstrosities?

Kentucky and Duke (men's) uniforms are logically and traditionally trimmed in blue. UConn's uniform is trimmed illogically and offensively in what seems to be an attempt at red but which looks like an evil shade of orange to me.

The backs of the uniforms contain "sublimated graphics" (I could never make that up) which include things like stars for every NC won. And you can make out an alligator in these 'graphics' on the Florida men's uniform.

The warmups (also in, um, platinum) carry this a step further. On the back they have a logo high center, with the NC years listed below.

Some of the creative touches may be loved or disdained. The front of jerseys reads "Cuse" or "Zona" for Syracuse or Arizona, respectfully. Mercifully, we remain "UConn."

Numbers and letters are gray on gray, er, platinum, but they are reflective, which is great for nocturnal jogging.

Late in his fabulous career, the Brooklyn Dodgers traded Jackie Robinson to the accursed New York Giants. Jackie hung up his spikes, never to play again, rather than be humiliated by putting on an enemy uniform.

I wish we had someone like him in the UConn Athletic Department now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits
Top Bottom