Thornlea S.S. vs. Crestwood Prep Full Game(Javonte Brown-Ferguson) | The Boneyard

Thornlea S.S. vs. Crestwood Prep Full Game(Javonte Brown-Ferguson)

Reaction Score
Yeesh. I forgot how much I dislike watching bad high school ball. This was a game to skip. Overall, Javonte Brown Ferguson probably had 8 PTs, 4-5 RBs, 3-4 Assists, 7-8 Blocks 6-8 from the FT line.

Good things:

He passes out of the post relatively well. Hit cutters and kick outs for open threes. Potential problem is that I can’t tell how much of his passing is due to his length (tallest player on other team was maybe 6’6) and how well that will translate against D1 players. He threw most of his passes one handed, palming the ball and flicking it around (last player I recall doing that well in college was Jahil Okafor).

He seems really long. He got most of his blocks by simply putting his arms up. He was a called for at least one questionable foul where he jumped.

He has a decent FT shot. Was 6-8 and the two misses weren’t horrible misses.

He got decent position on the block, but again it’s hard to tell if he actually had to work for it.

The bad:

He plays extremely weak on the boards (or did in this game). He rarely boxed out, sometimes he didn’t even reach an arm out for the ball let alone two arms. He did tip the ball out a few times but I didn’t see a single traffic rebound.

Not a plodder but did not hustle either. Seemed to rely on his size/length more than he will need to at UConn.

Looks pretty thin and perhaps a bit gassed after playing all of the first quarter. He also has a tendency to not go up particularly strong around the rim. Grain of salt bc his team wasn’t great at getting him the ball in good positions Where he could catch and go up strong. Most were back to basket and poor man Carleton moves.

Overall just one game and some definite positives and some things it’s obvious he needs coaching (strength/cardio/hustle).
I’ve never seen such a big kid care so little about getting rebounds. Half the time he’ll leak out early and let his guards handle it i’m sure hurley will fix this

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
One thing we can say for sure Javonte Brown Ferguson is an absolutely gigantic human being.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom