Thomas Lucas Leaving The Team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Thomas Lucas Leaving The Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Its not just what we see on the field that matters but what they do in practice. Although none of the freshman wide receivers may have showed more on the game field than Lucas that may not have been true in practice. My guess is the freshman showed they were as good or slightly better than Lucas in the minds of the coaches in practice and they all have which a higher celling than Lucas. Its a numbers game and Lucas ended up on the short end.

Reaction Score

Matt_Zamp 3:04pm via TweetDeck
Just talked with Thomas Lucas. Said he told Diaco after the bowl game he’d be leaving. Loved school, coaches but wanted more PT #UConn

Matt_Zamp3:05pm via TweetDeck
Lucas didn’t know where he’d be transferring to, but said his decision should come in a few days. Story with quotes going up now. #UConn

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Matt_Zamp 3:04pm via TweetDeck
Just talked with Thomas Lucas. Said he told Diaco after the bowl game he’d be leaving. Loved school, coaches but wanted more PT #UConn

Matt_Zamp3:05pm via TweetDeck
Lucas didn’t know where he’d be transferring to, but said his decision should come in a few days. Story with quotes going up now. #UConn

Nice job by DC staff. Updated story... http://dailycampus.com/stories/2016/1/3/uconn-football-wide-receiver-thomas-lucas-to-leave-program

>>“The coaches are great,” he said. “I never really had a problem with them. It was just I had a lack of playing time. I wasn’t getting the exposure that I thought I should have. Great coaching staff…loved the team, the players on the team. We all bonded together. They’ll do great for the next couple of years.”

Lucas did not know where he would be transferring. He said he would sit down with his parents and find a school that suits him best.

Lucas said he told coach Bob Diaco of his departure after the team’s 16-10 loss to Marshall at the St. Petersburg Bowl.

“We kind of had like a family talk,” Lucas said. “The coaches…I learned a lot from them. They turned me into the gentleman that I am now. I realize that college is a business, especially D-I football at that level. It’s a business. I just took it for what it is and hopefully I find a school that benefits me.”<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom