Thomas Lucas Leaving The Team | The Boneyard

Thomas Lucas Leaving The Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Sad to see him go. Thought he could contribute but he seemed to be buried on the depth chart

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Could have seen this one coming. I hope he doesn't actually start every word with a capital letter.

Edit: Glad he learned proper English language usage while at Uconn.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Best of luck going forward. Hope he finds a good landing spot for his final year.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
?RS Soph... would have two more years depending on whether it's FCS vs. FBS?

Whoops, my bad. I keep thinking that all of the guys who overlapped with PP are much older than they actually are.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
LOL... just seems that way.

I'm taking it to mean that BD and co. have succeeded in making the Dark Ages seem much further away. For that alone he deserves commendation.

Reaction Score
Could have seen this one coming. I hope he doesn't actually start every word with a capital letter.

Edit: Glad he learned proper English language usage while at Uconn.
That's a phone problem I"ve had. Would capatilize every new word :confused:

Reaction Score
Yeah WTF happened to this kid?
A lot of the true freshman wide receivers ended up being better than the recruiting rankings indicated and he got pushed way down on the depth chart. The reason that the freshman didn't put up good numbers is because of our terrible offense and not their lack of talent.

Reaction Score
This kid has a world of talent. If he finds the right situation, he will be a very, very good college player. I think he was better than most of the freshmen who played in front of him.

My guess -sheer speculation- is that something happened off the field, not sure what, but it seems that way to me.

Reaction Score
I liked the kid and I know his Husky brothers did too. He'll do well wherever he goes

Reaction Score
This kid has a world of talent. If he finds the right situation, he will be a very, very good college player. I think he was better than most of the freshmen who played in front of him.

My guess -sheer speculation- is that something happened off the field, not sure what, but it seems that way to me.

First person to take this bait loses a kneecap.

Reaction Score
First person to take this bait loses a kneecap.

That's my opinion. You don't have to agree with it. But Thomas is big, fast, has shown good hands. I really liked him as a player.

I believe if he gets in the right situation, he will really shine. If that's bait, fine. I also believe it is true.

Reaction Score
Lucas lost his starting spot. With the youthful depth at the position writing was on the wall. I still think he'll do well wherever he lands.
BTW, don't think our attrition is done, which is why I saw all along up to 20 commits in this class (maybe a few more along with a transfer or 2)

Reaction Score
That's my opinion. You don't have to agree with it. But Thomas is big, fast, has shown good hands. I really liked him as a player.

I believe if he gets in the right situation, he will really shine. If that's bait, fine. I also believe it is true.

I know you are not that obtuse. He's talking about the speculation of off field issues.

That's the bait. Not cool.

Reaction Score

I must be overtired, but I agree with that 100%. Nothing that Mayala, Beals and McLean did over the last nine games explained Lucas going from a starter to not stepping on the field at all the second half of the season. I very much doubt that was totally about being beaten out for playing time.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Best of luck to Thomas. I hope he finds the right situation for him. I find myself in a weird position; being in agreement with both Pal and Bizlaw at the same time. I don't know if this is some sort of weird omen for 2016? I'm not sure. But I'm scared...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think the point is, if you are just speculating, why even bother to mention it?

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
I think the point is, if you are just speculating, why even bother to mention it?
because literally 95% of what we do on this board is speculation.....
I understand that it may not be "pc" to wonder aloud that maybe there may have been off the field issues but i have no problem with people voicing their opinions here, that is the point of this board.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Because it's Palatine...we all just assume he is trolling.

But...I think it is fair to speculate the reason Lucas lost his job wasn't what he did on the field. When he was benched, I assumed it was because the true frosh were superior. But I didn't see production from them that said the more experienced Lucas should be benched. They looked good...but not better than Lucas.

I like the fact that BD is about building a culture...and those who choose to fit in that culture get rewarded.

Reaction Score
i don't remember exactly, but i think i remember quite a few drops from Lucas in the first couple games of the season. If i'm remembering this right, that could have a lot to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom