This year's conference champions | The Boneyard

This year's conference champions

Which team will be LEAST likely to win its conference's regular season title?

• UConn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Duke

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Penn St

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Baylor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stanford

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Kentucky. They had problems scoring if they didn't turn the other team over enough.

Reaction Score
No matter how good Kentucky can be they always have some WTF losses that defy explanation.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
But Kentucky has so little competition. Maybe LSU, SC, ATm?

I voted Duke, because of Maryland, primarily. But I really believe they will all win their conferences.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I voted Penn State. I expect them to win the conference, but Nebraska could be a sleeper.... and perhaps Purdue will challenge them as well.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
PSU "should" repeat but you right, tri, it will be competitive.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I voted PSU as I think they have the weakest team of them all but they also do not have very strong competition. I do think the ACC could be very competitive, and I think the PAC could surprise as well. Stanford should win, but they might have a loss in conference for the first time in a few years.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The Big 10 was pretty underwhelming last year, and Purdue and Ohio State lost key contributors. Nebraska really stunk up the joint at season's end, whereas Penn State was playing some good ball. After retaining their HC and most of their key players, this is a year they should win their conference.

Kentucky did well to make the Elite Eight and certainly gave UConn something to think about in that contest, but as has been mentioned above, they rely on defense, depth, and frenetic intensity to wear teams down. A hot shooting night by an opposing team solid guard play, etc., and they can be had. Good team, expect them to be the best in the SEC, but erratic. I think the SEC has a number of teams that, although not likely to go deep in the NCAAs, will make themsleves a bear to play night in and night out. Tennessee, A&M, LSU, South Carolina, Vandy, Georgia, and Arkansas will provide some stout competition. Not sure about Florida- they seemed on the verge of being solid last season, but I don't know who they lost from last year's roster.

I see Baylor and UConn as mortal locks to win their respective conferences barring some sort of catastrophic injuries, and Stanford doesn't really have much competition. Duke certainly has the Terps to contend with, but I expect them to take their league. This is pretty big year for the Blue Devils. Whether it's Coach P's fault or not, they've been half a level below where they were with Gail at the helm- still a perennial top 10 team, but not a legit contender. They may be a clear #3 behind Baylor and UConn, but they still have a big opportunity to sweep through the ACC and make the Final Four. Anything less has to be considered a disappointment. And hey, once you make the Final Four, anything can happen.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
That's an interesting tough question. I went with PSU, but on second thoughts, maybe should have gone with Kentucky. Not because of Tenn, but who knows how Texas A&M will do in the SEC. They probably will be very successful and could win the SEC.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
PSU returns everyone from last season and adds MD transfer Jr Guard Dara Taylor and Team USA U18 member 6'6" Fr C Candace Agee from California. They, also, have a jump on this season with a trip two weeks to play in Italy.

They should be better and deeper than last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom