This year is make or break for the 3-3-5. | Page 6 | The Boneyard

This year is make or break for the 3-3-5.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Don’t tell me? You’re another one?
So let me get this straight. I join a CT football board full of guys who presumably follow CT sports and I lift a story from a guy that played (wherever you said he played) and create an identical college bio and try and pass it off as my own-insert scratching my head.
First of all his story, my story and every other walk on that persevered through odds is more common than you think. So I decide to lift 99 percent of the story and only change the fact that he played in PR and I didn’t and actually served that up on the platter to you guys as my story- again, scratching my head.
Third, so many guys that play college ball are offered plenty of opportunities to play over seas with The Superior League being one of them- again commonplace.
I do agree though. If anyone chose to lift a story like that it would be quite moronic and I just don’t get the motivation. Lift Lebron’s story or someone fancier. Lol.
Am I a basketball guy? Well, yes. I played HS and Division 1 College and my career ended there. I’ve coached and mentored Middle School kids in several states on the game. I’ve had the chance to play and stay in places that I wouldn’t have ordinarily visited. Had a great time and met lots of people along the way. Heck I even played against a college in CT in my hey day!
As a matter of fact, during HS we scrimmaged Trumbull High School while I was a senior. First time I traveled across state lines to play. Exciting stuff!

#notunhinged

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
be nice to the rookie

Registered 2 days before signing day and starts posting on the recruiting board. Constantly talks about ‘the 19’ and how different this recruiting class is.

Doesn’t live in Connecticut, didn’t go to UConn. Lists Hartford in his profile because it’s special to him or something - but isn’t from there and you are an idiot for assuming it’s true.

His illogical opinions carry more weight because he was a D-1 walk on who became ‘MVP’ and then just declined professional contracts - no big whoop. (Believe this though, ignore that whole Hartford thing).

He’s just a regular ol UConn fan because he works with people who have kids that play sports in Connecticut and knew someone who was a manager for the iconic women’s program.

He fits in perfect: completely contradicts himself while making appeals to fake authority.

Watching him fly off the handle reminds me of the first night at Shawshank when they bet on the fresh fish.

Reaction Score
Registered 2 days before signing day and starts posting on the recruiting board. Constantly talks about ‘the 19’ and how different this recruiting class is.

Doesn’t live in Connecticut, didn’t go to UConn. Lists Hartford in his profile because it’s special to him or something - but isn’t from there and you are an idiot for assuming it’s true.

His illogical opinions carry more weight because he was a D-1 walk on who became ‘MVP’ and then just declined professional contracts - no big whoop. (Believe this though, ignore that whole Hartford thing).

He’s just a regular ol UConn fan because he works with people who have kids that play sports in Connecticut.

He fits in perfect: completely contradicts himself while making appeals to fake authority.

Watching him fly off the handle reminds me of the first night at Shawshank when they bet on the fresh fish.
so he's probably a committed kids relative or friend. give him a break. it takes a little while to feel this place out. I ragequit the board the first time I was here because I didn't realize the people on the mens board were completely delusional

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
so he's probably a committed kids relative or friend. give him a break. it takes a little while to feel this place out. I ragequit the board the first time I was here because I didn't realize the people on the mens board were completely delusional

Which is fine and is my assumption.

No need to pretend. Few things are more annoying that when actual athletes claim no one else’s opinion is valid because they didn’t play the game. When it’s make believe it’s even worse.

He implied that I’m racist because I think Winston sucks - so he’d be great on the pool.

Reaction Score
Again, my daughter goes to Trinity and I have colleagues that I’ve worked with where their kids have played high school ball in the CT system. These are die hards that have introduced me to the football scene in CT. I love HS football anyways and can tell you stuff about the Bosco’s, St Peters Prep and Bergen Catholics in Jersey, Tampa Catholic and Jesuit rivalries in Tampa Florida and Erasmus, Lincoln, Fort Hamilton and Boys and Girls in NY.
Seems like you clowns live your life in the CT bubble and cant seem to wrap your head around the concept of knowing things beyond the state you live in.
Clowns I say. Clowns.
Clowns huh...so you are a metro-NYC guy too? Don't go there my friend cause my reach around these parts is pretty vast and I'm gonna join @whaler11 calling b u l l s h * t on you right now!

Reaction Score

He’s just a regular ol UConn fan because he works with people who have kids that play sports in Connecticut and knew someone who was a manager for the iconic women’s program.

Haha
One of my favorite movies.
Fresh Fish! Fresh Fish!

“Fly off the handle”
So you’re one of those pokers and prodders that try and get a rise out of people and when they actually respond you call it a meltdown.
You’re a complete clown for real.

You live in a bubble man. Get out of CT someday. You’ll realize there’s a vast world out there.

And yes. I saw that RE version 2 got hired (actually when he pulled the Jersey kids scholly that actually was interesting news) I got excited. I subscribe to 247 sports but you get too many people caught up in stars on those boards so I came across the BY because I was looking for something more local and a deeper perspective on UConn football that I didn’t really get just being a fan back during RE1.
I’ve learned a lot in my short time here. Even from you Whaler.
Appreciate it dawg.

Reaction Score
Clowns huh...so you are a metro-NYC guy too? Don't go there my friend cause my reach around these parts is pretty vast and I'm gonna join @whaler11 calling b u l l s h * t on you right now!
You guys are something. This is all hilarious.
Yes. Clowns.
But I get it. I’m the newbie. The clowns have to rally around the evil one in order to protect the BY
Clowns I say!
You guys take this way too serious

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You guys are something. This is all hilarious.
Yes. Clowns.
But I get it. I’m the newbie. The clowns have to rally around the evil one in order to protect the BY
Clowns I say!
You guys take this way too serious

You are going to fit in just fine.

Reaction Score

No need to pretend. Few things are more annoying that when actual athletes claim no one else’s opinion is valid because they didn’t play the game. When it’s make believe it’s even worse.

He implied that I’m racist because I think Winston sucks - so he’d be great on the pool.
meh I lie about tons of mundane crap here just to distance myself from the board. I am sure I will end up calling out his stupidity at some point but he just got here.

lol @ your second point because we have a frequent poster here who loves to throw that line around. he's not an idiot, though, just a different breed of

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
meh I lie about tons of mundane crap here just to distance myself from the board. I am sure I will end up calling out his stupidity at some point but he just got here.

lol @ your second point because we have a frequent poster here who loves to throw that line around. he's not an idiot, though, just a different breed of

I’m still laughing at the kid who told me my opinion about basketball was wrong for four pages because he played D-3 but it turns out he just got emotional and misread it.

Reaction Score

Negative on your first claim.

Second claim- lies. I gave some of your opinions ample credit

Third claim- never implied that you were racist. For all I know you’re African American dude. Why would I make that assumption? And the fact that you believe I think you’re racist because you said Winston is a fraud are you implying that you believe I’m black? And why so? Word choice? You can’t even see my face. Or was that your attempt at getting me #unhinged?

Or maybe there was an ethnicity box that I had to check in my profile? I forgot.

Reaction Score
I’m still laughing at the kid who told me my opinion about basketball was wrong for four pages because he played D-3 but it turns out he just got emotional and misread it.
that whole board has gone to crap. the amount of people who gave me for not thinking ollie is gods gift to uconn last year who are now slowly backing off from that opinion has me feeling all sorts of schadenfreude

Reaction Score
Negative on your first claim.

Second claim- lies. I gave some of your opinions ample credit

Third claim- never implied that you were racist. For all I know you’re African American dude. Why would I make that assumption? And the fact that you believe I think you’re racist because you said Winston is a fraud are you implying that you believe I’m black? And why so? Word choice? You can’t even see my face. Or was that your attempt at getting me #unhinged?

Or maybe there was an ethnicity box that I had to check in my profile? I forgot.
just so you know, he's not picking on you per se, he's like this to everyone

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And on the other side of the coin, the Raiders with David Carr, who I’m sure you would consider the opposite of Winston.

Here ya go

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
just so you know, he's not picking on you per se, he's like this to everyone

I’m picking on him today. His posts on the recruiting board are legitimately good too.

Reaction Score
Actually I’m friends with a kids’ family where the son committed to Rice. But sadly I have not joined their Boneyard or Owlyard I should say. I probably should though.
But I’m not a Rice fan.

Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
I’m picking on him today. His posts on the recruiting board are legitimately good too.
I can't tell if you're serious or not. I post in the recruiting boards but I rarely read everything else. I'm just glad it's not like basketball where you get 25 pages on hamidou diallo and everyone says he's coming here and then he doesn't. I can't handle that sort of buildup without the payoff

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
that whole board has gone to crap. the amount of people who gave me for not thinking ollie is gods gift to uconn last year who are now slowly backing off from that opinion has me feeling all sorts of schadenfreude

Fans in and around Connecticut legitimately ignore teams that aren’t good - so 90% of the fans don’t know how to handle having a bad team.

The basketball board is populated by a lot of people who have zero perspective on the sport because they don’t watch anyone but UConn.

When the Yankees or Red Sox are bad they don’t exist in the summer. The Patriots did not have a fan until Parcells got there. The Giants fans are a little bit more loyal as they are generally older and many of them grew up with terrible teams. The idea that 5% of the people who claim to be Whalers fans now were actual fans 20 years ago is laughable.

You don’t go from a national championship to less than 4k in attendance in 4 years anywhere else.

This is legitimately the worst place in the country to be a real sports fans. We have nothing and the UConn fanbases are so pathetic it’s painful to be associated with them.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I can't tell if you're serious or not. I post in the recruiting boards but I rarely read everything else. I'm just glad it's not like basketball where you get 25 pages on hamidou diallo and everyone says he's coming here and then he doesn't. I can't handle that sort of buildup without the payoff

I was being serious. I read the threads but I don’t fancy myself a scout so it’s not like I’m breaking down their tapes.

I don’t have any opinion of anyone other than what I read until they at least play in a Spring Game here.

Reaction Score
Here ya go
Uh, opposite meaning good QB? Leader?
Damn. You actually read that far into that statement? I assumed your fraud comment was in reference to his lack of leadership skills that QB’s need because he was silly on Hard Knocks. And I only pointed out that it’s reality TV so a lot of that stuff is for ratings.
Geez. You need help my friend. And I know this isn’t your attempt to unhinge me. You actually believe that’s where I was coming from with my Carr statement.
Sad man.

Reaction Score
I was being serious. I read the threads but I don’t fancy myself a scout so it’s not like I’m breaking down their tapes.

I don’t have any opinion of anyone other than what I read until they at least play in a Spring Game here.
I used to break down tapes so I like watching them but it's tough with a highlight reel. You can usually tell when someone can play or not, though. When I saw Washington's hudl he did a lot of stuff right which is why I think we're going to be ok at QB. You don't see the bad plays, though, so it's hard to tell. If you put together a Rodney Purvis UConn highlight you'd think he was an All-American because it left out all the boneheaded plays

Reaction Score
You’re welcome.
you should be really happy with the work you put in here. it's an extremely well run board. if you could get rid of palatine you'd increase my enjoyment tenfold

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Uh, opposite meaning good QB? Leader?
Damn. You actually read that far into that statement? I assumed your fraud comment was in reference to his lack of leadership skills that QB’s need because he was silly on Hard Knocks. And I only pointed out that it’s reality TV so a lot of that stuff is for ratings.
Geez. You need help my friend. And I know this isn’t your attempt to unhinge me. You actually believe that’s where I was coming from with my Carr statement.
Sad man.

I describe him as a fraud because his actual
skills don’t match his charisma.

His problem isn’t leadership - his problem is he isn’t that good.

Yes, I do believe you were implying something when you asked me about Carr. Because you assumed the opposite of my meaning by the word fraud.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom