This Year’s Bigs- A New Era- Maybe a Surprise | The Boneyard

This Year’s Bigs- A New Era- Maybe a Surprise

Reaction Score
At the game tonight and I know we played a small team but I am happier working with this crop than what we had last year and before. Cobb, Diarra, Kwintin, Carleton are strong guys that can get a rebound and power back for layups. Polley couldn’t finish tonight but Whalley looked good around the rim. I can’t tell you how many games we’re going to win but we are taking the ball inside and having at it. These kids are very new to this and are a work in progress so I expect growing pains. The front court may not be the weakness we all thought it would be this season. The rust was falling off Larrier, he looked better, but I want him inside the 3 point line where he can make shots. Let’s see these bigs against better competition a few games from now.

Reaction Score
I have not seen either preseason games. Sounds like the PC game was rough. But last yearwe we were horrible defensively in the paint. Tough to be any worse.

Reaction Score
There are gonna be growing pains for sure, but I like this group. They seem like tough, disciplined kids. Gonna be exciting to watch them grow this season and beyond.

Reaction Score
At the game tonight and I know we played a small team but I am happier working with this crop than what we had last year and before. Cobb, Diarra, Kwintin, Carleton are strong guys that can get a rebound and power back for layups. Polley couldn’t finish tonight but Whalley looked good around the rim. I can’t tell you how many games we’re going to win but we are taking the ball inside and having at it. These kids are very new to this and are a work in progress so I expect growing pains. The front court may not be the weakness we all thought it would be this season. The rust was falling off Larrier, he looked better, but I want him inside the 3 point line where he can make shots. Let’s see these bigs against better competition a few games from now.

Carleton is my sleeper. I think he can be start at the 5 at some point this season.

Reaction Score
It's Carlton. Carleton is the school that beat Providence.

Also, I love rooting for the unknown and under dog as much as the next guy, and all our bigs qualify as that, but Merrimack had maybe 1 guy that was 6'7".

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's Carlton.
tumblr_n0cpp9fflP1sia4voo1_400.gif

Sorry. I just needed to get that out of the way.

Reaction Score
I can’t predict what will happen when we play quality teams and this group is inexperienced at this level but I don’t think that we will scraping our bigs off the floor every other play. Geting a rebound and a putback is underrated so it’s a start. I admit that having 3 point shooters converting would make this whole thing work a lot better. We worked the ball to Larrier just above the foul line and he has options from there which will help the outside shot eventually.

Reaction Score
These guys play hard, are athletic, have shown ability to finish, and don't fall down every 2 seconds.

Carlton/Cobb seem like the higher basketball IQ guys who can pass and see the court.
Diarra/Williams are active athletes
Whaley might be a little bit of both which can be a huge help.
One of these guys needs to establish himself as a rebound gobbler.

No idea about David O but I don't expect much and I hope the aforementioned guys are good enough that he doesn't have to play many minutes.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score

I see shades of a young Kevin Freeman in Kwintin. Kid has a lot of potential.

Reaction Score
Seeing Kwintin in the flesh opened my eyes. He is very solidly built. With his vertical they should just throw the ball near the rim for him. We have a bunch of solidly built players who I think can putback and rebound.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Diarra is a total wildcard. If he can do the dirty work and run the pick and roll it’ll be immense. Love the two putback slams Whaley had.

Reaction Score
Diarra is a total wildcard. If he can do the dirty work and run the pick and roll it’ll be immense. Love the two putback slams Whaley had.
Diarra is talented and should start in my book.

Reaction Score
Living in South Carolina makes it tough to get to home games so we're looking forward to the first televised game. Just hoping everyone is right about the big guys looking better because after the Providence game all I could think was Yogi saying "it's like deja vu all over again".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom