this will be the first year i wont watch the final | Page 2 | The Boneyard

this will be the first year i wont watch the final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't really get all the UND hate. Some of the players may be annoying, but Muffet McGraw coaches a good brand of basketball. I mean they legitimately can be called a better passing team than UConn, although the margin is slim if there is one. When was the last time anyone was better than UConn at passing? She has built a team this good with only three McDonald's All-Americans, and if Diggins isn't all that as I have seen many UConn fans profess then what McGraw has accomplished is that much more remarkable. UND winning only strengthens UConn's legacy by strengthening the stature of the Big East. And I'd much rather that the team UConn lost to three times in the season be the national champion.

Baylor losing means:
There is not another undefeated team that dilutes UConn's legacy of perfection and 39-0 remains the best record.
There is no danger of any of UConn's consecutive wins records be threatened.
I don't dislike Griner, but it says something great about women's college basketball if Griner with all her physical talents still couldn't win a national championship through three years. That Griner while unique is hardly the end of women's basketball as we know it.
With all due respect, you don't have to get it. Human emotions are not always rationale, nor can they be always be softened with logic. I don't feel the need to explain all the reasons I despise nd. You don't feel the same way, no problem. But I will never root for nd in any way, shape or form.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'll record the game and watch it later. I'm not from the camp that has to root for all Big East teams. I really felt that UConn was the only team that not only could give Baylor a run for their money but could actually win. I think we match up better and would have been nice to see Buck on Griner again. Stokes also has improved with Dolson in a groove. Yep, I hope Baylor blows ND off the court in a monumental laugher.

I agree completely. UCONN would have been a much tougher opponent, IMO. But Baylor's guards just cannot get shot-happy and not look Griner's way.

I don't think Notre Dame matches up well with Baylor. Baylor was up by 19 against Notre Dame in the previous meeting. I know that Achonwa was not healthy in the previous game but she is not a 14 point swing and not enough to make a huge difference. Having her in the game with Peters just takes one of the great ND guards off the floor.

Reaction Score
I don't really get all the UND hate. Some of the players may be annoying, but Muffet McGraw coaches a good brand of basketball. I mean they legitimately can be called a better passing team than UConn, although the margin is slim if there is one. When was the last time anyone was better than UConn at passing? She has built a team this good with only three McDonald's All-Americans, and if Diggins isn't all that as I have seen many UConn fans profess then what McGraw has accomplished is that much more remarkable. UND winning only strengthens UConn's legacy by strengthening the stature of the Big East. And I'd much rather that the team UConn lost to three times in the season be the national champion.

Baylor losing means:
There is not another undefeated team that dilutes UConn's legacy of perfection and 39-0 remains the best record.
There is no danger of any of UConn's consecutive wins records be threatened.
I don't dislike Griner, but it says something great about women's college basketball if Griner with all her physical talents still couldn't win a national championship through three years. That Griner while unique is hardly the end of women's basketball as we know it.
Here the thing... many of us are convinced ND gets way too many questionable calls all going their way, especially at home. I thought they got a few gifts last night too.

Reaction Score
Wanna come with me and watch somebody do a brake job?
To be honest, I hate watching brake jobs being done, particularly disc brake jobs. I just posted that for the sake of levity, and my guess is that others who posted similarly were doing the same.

I will be watching the championship game because I love women's BB, and besides it should be an interesting game being played by two great teams. The women's game has improved dramatically over the years, and I'm predicting that it will steadily increase in popularity in the years to come.

Yes, I'm disappointed that Uconn isn't in the final game, but it is certain that a significant number of people will be very happy when the game is over, and that joy is long lasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom