this will be the first year i wont watch the final | The Boneyard

this will be the first year i wont watch the final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I can't stand baylor and notre dame.. let's see how baylor does when griner graduates and miss diggins graduates ...enjoy it now cause next year it wont be a cake walk .... But wait...there the greatest programs...but until theywin 7 national titles ESPN can keep talking blah blah blah...

Reaction Score
I am most likely not going to watch either. Not so much because of Baylor, but most definitely because of Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
The only year I couldn't watch was Rutgers and Tennessee. I couldn't believe that one of them had to win it all.

Funny how only a few years later neither is a hated rival anymore.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The only year I couldn't watch was Rutgers and Tennessee. I couldn't believe that one of them had to win it all.

Yeah, the RU v. Tenn was unpalatable.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Both Griner and Diggins will be back next year. There is an outside chance that Griner might opt for the WNBA... If she wins a national championship and a gold medal at the Olympics...she may opt out and go pro...just speculation...no inside info.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I don't want Diggins to graduate just yet...I want her to play another year and lose by 20 to UConn four times. Or three, whatever. And I want her to graduate with a losing record against us.

Reaction Score
Lose a close one and not feel like watching a final. Very understandable. Have been there myself with the 49'rs this year. Once that bad taste gets in you mouth you just don't feel like eating for awhile.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Yep. I am not watching either. Or the men's, because as a Mizzou grad I can't stomach the idea of KU winning another NC. Good Lord, what if ND and KU both win? What on earth did I do in a past life to deserve this?

Reaction Score

Says you.

Reaction Score
Both Griner and Diggins will be back next year. There is an outside chance that Griner might opt for the WNBA... If she wins a national championship and a gold medal at the Olympics...she may opt out and go pro...just speculation...no inside info.
Griner has publicly denied this possibility.

Reaction Score
Unhappy as I am, I want ND to beat Baylor, so there's no perfect 40-0 season on the books to be talked about forever and so 2012-2103 doesn't start with a 40-game win streak with Griner-Sims still on the team. And because, if we have to lose, I want to lose to the best, not the second best.

Not that I think ND will win, but I'll be pulling for them. I think. We'll see what the feelings are when the TV gets turned on at 8:30 tomorrow night. Assuming I can turn it on. (So many tantalizing, futile, pointless what-if's and if-only's and so-close's from last night.)

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
I just want them both to lose. As a UConn fan, as well as a lifelong Michigan fan, I could never cheer for Notre Dame. But I also don't want to see Baylor get to 40-0.

Reaction Score
I love Griner and have a lot of respect for Mulkey. She makes the game more interesting...just like Geno. I don't like GREEN. I'll be rooting hard for Baylor.

Reaction Score
I'll record the game and watch it later. I'm not from the camp that has to root for all Big East teams. I really felt that UConn was the only team that not only could give Baylor a run for their money but could actually win. I think we match up better and would have been nice to see Buck on Griner again. Stokes also has improved with Dolson in a groove. Yep, I hope Baylor blows ND off the court in a monumental laugher.

Reaction Score
The reminds me of the Vols fans who threaten to boycott whenever we are in the championship.

Reaction Score
I'll record the game and watch it later. I'm not from the camp that has to root for all Big East teams. I really felt that UConn was the only team that not only could give Baylor a run for their money but could actually win. I think we match up better and would have been nice to see Buck on Griner again. Stokes also has improved with Dolson in a groove. Yep, I hope Baylor blows ND off the court in a monumental laugher.

I was really concidering not watching it either but can't resist the idea of Griner stuffing Diggens so when she pouts and whines she can be a poster child for a Florida orange juice comercial. Don't ever recall GA allowing his players to pout as much as Diggens does after a loss. I can hear the coaching staff at ND now, "Just drive the basket out of control and lean into the defender for the foul" the refs will call it or we will whine until they do."

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I'd have no real issue with ND winning:

-It's a team UConn battled tooth and nail. If they're the national champs, UConn should feel very confident headed into next season.

-If Baylor doesn't have a championship after this season, all of a sudden there's a ton of urgency next season for Griner. Might be motivating, but also might be a suffocating amount of pressure.

-No chance of the 90 game streak getting broken.

-This season has been tediously inevitable. ND winning is the only thing that would make it slightly less so.

Reaction Score
I don't know how anyone can be a UConn fan and be fine with this group of ND players winning. No Tennessee team at the height of the rivalry made me dislike them more than this group of ND players. Cocky cocky cocky. Their celebrations after winning both semi final games were so over the top. Inexcusable this year when they were the expected winner. They were very very lucky to win this game and it was razor close and could have easily gone the other way and they barely give our team any credit. I want them to lose and they have replaced TN on my dislike list. I can show you twitter postings from ND administrators mocking Geno for the loss last night. They are a classless bunch IMO and I hope Baylor beats 'em.

With Baylor being our biggest obstacle next year you want them to get it this year. There is such thing as a National Title hangover...just ask the UConn men and A&M women.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The UConn men lost the most critical component to their success, as did A&M. Baylor brings everyone back and brings in one recruit, Alexis Prince, who I believe can contribute immediately. I don't see a scenario in which Baylor has a hangover. Hangovers happen most frequently when a) critical pieces leave and who's left thinks they were the ones who won a national championship, or b) there are injury or chemistry/pecking order issues (see UConn 2001-01).

Reaction Score
Well whatever constitutes a hangover I am still not rooting for ND lol!

Reaction Score
I don't really get all the UND hate. Some of the players may be annoying, but Muffet McGraw coaches a good brand of basketball. I mean they legitimately can be called a better passing team than UConn, although the margin is slim if there is one. When was the last time anyone was better than UConn at passing? She has built a team this good with only three McDonald's All-Americans, and if Diggins isn't all that as I have seen many UConn fans profess then what McGraw has accomplished is that much more remarkable. UND winning only strengthens UConn's legacy by strengthening the stature of the Big East. And I'd much rather that the team UConn lost to three times in the season be the national champion.

Baylor losing means:
There is not another undefeated team that dilutes UConn's legacy of perfection and 39-0 remains the best record.
There is no danger of any of UConn's consecutive wins records be threatened.
I don't dislike Griner, but it says something great about women's college basketball if Griner with all her physical talents still couldn't win a national championship through three years. That Griner while unique is hardly the end of women's basketball as we know it.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I would watch..... but I'll be stuck at work :( I'll follow along on my phone though.

I strongly dislike ND, so I'll be like TriadDukeFan and become a Baylor fan for 2 hours.

;)

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Although I will be rooting for Baylor, I love Scotter's post.

Really, while I get the reasons for some of the players not being well liked, Muffet does coach a nice brand of basketball. Yes, they can be physically aggressive, but that's not a problem if the ref's go along. I respect Notre Dame and Muffet, but I will be rooting for Baylor. As much as I don't like Mulkey's sideline antics and outfits, everytime I hear her speak she says the "right" things. And I do like Griner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom