This Week's Rankings | The Boneyard

This Week's Rankings

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I heard that Iowa doesn't play any more OOC ranked teams, while we play 6 I believe. Hard to lose your ranking if you aren't challenged.

Reaction Score
Rankings... pfffft. But these feel more or less right. For the moment. The problem is they'll linger in this order long after they're no longer accurate. I repeat.... pfffft.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
For the most part I think that's fairly accurate. FWIW I think they did the right thing giving big bumps to Colorado, Stanford, USC, Florida State and NC State.

As for having a soft schedule and not dropping, etc., SC leapfrogged several undefeated teams due to the strength of their wins, including Iowa. Again, give the pollsters credit for rewarding the best team in the nation right now.

Reaction Score
UCONN moves down 6 spots in the AP Poll for losing to an unranked team.
But NC State should have been ranked & is now in the top 15. If they were properly ranked from the start, then UCONN doesn't drop to #8.

Reaction Score
UCONN moves down 6 spots in the AP Poll for losing to an unranked team.
But NC State should have been ranked & is now in the top 15. If they were properly ranked from the start, then UCONN doesn't drop to #8.
I don't know. I didn't think UConn looked good at all in that game. They didn't look like they played together at all and their defense that is usually really solid was not good at all. They have the talent, but right now they need to grow as a team or them may lose a few in coming weeks.

Reaction Score
Just watch NC State come out and look truly ordinary in their next game................the downside of being UConn is that every team views playing and possibly beating them as a huge accomplishment........of course at some point when teams start acting like playing against UConn is no big thing, we'll know the program has lost its luster......

Reaction Score
I think the rating was fair. It was a big setback, no use sugar coating it. Now we need some big wins against top rated teams to climb back into the top 4 and a number 1 tournament seeding. It makes a difference and the hurdles are higher now, nothing we can't overcome but a tougher road to get there.

Reaction Score
I think the rating was fair. It was a big setback, no use sugar coating it. Now we need some big wins against top rated teams to climb back into the top 4 and a number 1 tournament seeding. It makes a difference and the hurdles are higher now, nothing we can't overcome but a tougher road to get there.
It's a long season and with parity, I doubt there will be many if any undefeated teams by the end of conference play...............three of the top five preseason picks have already lost, and I expect the musical chairs to continue throughout the year.....UConn simply has to regroup, take it one game at a time, and push for a solid record against ranked opponents........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom