This weeks Poll - Texas vs Uconn | The Boneyard

This weeks Poll - Texas vs Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Another example on how our conference just kills us. Texas has 9 losses and we have 7. We won at Texas. Texas is ranked and we weren't even Receiving Votes. Very Frustrating

Reaction Score
Another example on how our conference just kills us. Texas has 9 losses and we have 7. We won at Texas. Texas is ranked and we weren't even Receiving Votes. Very Frustrating
Texas has an RPI of 21, played the number 5 schedule and has wins over UNC, Iowa State, West Virigina, and Baylor.

They should be ranked, we should not be. It has nothing to do with us being in AAC, it has to do with our performance on the court.

Reaction Score
Texas is an interesting case. They avenged their early loss to Washington by beating them later, but taken together, their losses to Washington, Texas Tech and TCU are as bad as UConn's losses to Temple (2x) and Tulsa. Their wins though over North Carolina, Iowa St, West Virginia and Baylor are all better than UConn's wins.

Here's the hitch: UConn's best wins are over Michigan (a team that beat Texas) and... TEXAS.

So, both schools have similar losses. Texas has much better wins. But UConn's best wins would actually seem to offer a nice counterweight to Texas's wins because they are over a fringe top 25 team that beat Texas, and Texas ITSELF.

If you try to work the logic out, you will tie yourself in knots. Suffice it to say, UConn has not shown it can beat a top 10 team yet, and Texas has.

Reaction Score
what site are you able to plug in wins and losses to find out what our rpi would be at the end of the season?

Reaction Score
We have no bad losses - Texas has 2 or 3 (TCU is horrendous). I'm not saying they don't deserve to be ranked and they shouldn't be ahead of us by a couple of spots but its crazy that we don't get 1 single vote

Reaction Score
We have no bad losses - Texas has 2 or 3 (TCU is horrendous). I'm not saying they don't deserve to be ranked and they shouldn't be ahead of us by a couple of spots but its crazy that we don't get 1 single vote
The problem is we've beaten no one Texas is our best win even though we don't have a bad loss we don't have a win to hang our hat onTexas has 3

Reaction Score
Providence being ranked is interesting with their RPI of 39, BPI of 52 and KenPom ranking of 59.

Reaction Score
The problem is we've beaten no one Texas is our best win even though we don't have a bad loss we don't have a win to hang our hat onTexas has 3
its hard to pickup quality wins when other than SMU there are no other ranked teams in your conference. We tried to play a tough OOC schedule and we did ok but only Texas and Maryland are ranked from that group. So we currently have only 4 games on our entire schedule against teams currently ranked in the Top 25 - 2 vs SMU, Maryland, and Texas

caw

Reaction Score
Texas has gotten better as the year progressed...we have not

Have they though? They have been up and down all season. I mean they went through a nice stretch but they just went 0-2 last week. Against good teams, but still 0-2.

They walked into the game against UConn 8-3 (same as UConn) with a win over UNC. So they have gone 8-5 since that game. That's solid considering the number of good teams they play but it's nothing eye popping. They went:

@TT - L
KSU - W
@TCU - L
ISU - W
OKST - W
@ WVU - W
@KU - L
TCU - W
Vanderbilt - W
@Baylor - W
TT - W
@OU - L
@ISU - L

Don't get me wrong it's a good schedule and some very good wins, but they had good wins early in the season also. The biggest difference about them is they haven't had a "bad loss" since TCU.

Im not sure how Texas has "gotten better" but UConn hasn't based on results so far? But I don't think there is much of a difference between teams 18-35 or so.

Reaction Score
Have they though? They have been up and down all season. I mean they went through a nice stretch but they just went 0-2 last week. Against good teams, but still 0-2.

They walked into the game against UConn 8-3 (same as UConn) with a win over UNC. So they have gone 8-5 since that game. That's solid considering the number of good teams they play but it's nothing eye popping. They went:

@TT - L
KSU - W
@TCU - L
ISU - W
OKST - W
@ WVU - W
@KU - L
TCU - W
Vanderbilt - W
@Baylor - W
TT - W
@OU - L
@ISU - L

Don't get me wrong it's a good schedule and some very good wins, but they had good wins early in the season also. The biggest difference about them is they haven't had a "bad loss" since TCU.

Im not sure how Texas has "gotten better" but UConn hasn't based on results so far? But I don't think there is much of a difference between teams 18-35 or so.
Maybe I should state it differently.

They have improved their resume since then...we have not

Reaction Score
The Texas wins against UNC and @WVU are easily better than any of our wins. Add in beating Iowa State and @Baylor and they are easily more proven than we are. Yes they have 2 more losses but that's understandable given the play in the toughest conference in the country and we play in a weak one.

Reaction Score
We don't deserved to be ranked, they just need to go out and win.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Texas is better than us and deserves to ranked. Just keep winning, the rankings now don't have an impact come March.

Reaction Score
Which is largely due to conference affiliation.

We are 1-4 against the top 4 teams in the freaking AAC. Texas's resume is leaps and bounds better than ours since we played them, and better overall.

Reaction Score
Texas (and Michigan I guess) is all Uconn can claim as a good win at this point.

Let's continue to root for UT to stay in the top 25.

Hopefully, it will change this week.

Reaction Score
I don't think our record would be much different playing in a better conference. Our opponents aren't our problem, it's us. We are a Jekyl and Hyde team. That's why getting into tourney is so important. We have the horses to suddenly peak (with Jalen at point) and go on a tear. Frankly, we do that a lot and it is becoming the culture of our program to believe that we can win the national championship whenever we are in the tournament. With our defense and the advantage of playing schools that haven't been paying attention to us, we could beat anyone and take their seed.

Reaction Score
Texas is better than us and deserves to ranked. Just keep winning, the rankings now don't have an impact come March.
Why are they better than us? They have played a tougher schedule but we beat them head to head and against the one common opponent we won they lost. I'm not arguing whether they should be ranked higher than us, they probably should, but I don't think they're better than us.

Reaction Score
If we hadn't blown a 12 point lead at Temple, we would probably be right next to Texas in the rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom