This Week's Diaco Postgame Quotes: The Boogeyman | The Boneyard

This Week's Diaco Postgame Quotes: The Boogeyman

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I had so much confidence going into the season, and his ability not to able to smell his own farts has creeped not only into his pressers but his playcalling.

Reaction Score
Call me when this athletic department grows a spine and hires an offensive coach with testicles and both sides of their brain.

Reaction Score
This was the last post after the "Me, personally, I’m never going to change, other than try to get better.” quote:

Reaction Score
I am sure he is thinking of some of us when he said he is not going to change. What a dimwit.

Bob, smart people learn and adapt. Welcome to being a failure. Oh, the love of money... Wait, he did adapt!

He can go back to ND and tout Jesus in the huddle there.

Reaction Score
This was the last post after the "Me, personally, I’m never going to change, other than try to get better.” quote:

The way Diaco "sees football" is outdated and boring, and will continue to kill this program, fan interest, and -- through the machinations of conference realignment -- the entire athletic department.

The fans have seen through the used car salesman talk and cheerleading. His youthfulness belies his approach to the game, in an era where explosive offenses are essential for on-field success and off-field reputation.

If Benedict wants to be a hero and put his mark on this program, now is the time.

Reaction Score
Bob Diaco on the Huskies Performance & What Needs to Improve – This is UConn Country

In non-140 character chunks:

>>... we just need to keep coaching and do a better job of coaching and teaching the guys because they show up to work and learn. We need to find a way to reach them as it relates to this persistent explosive plays in the passing game and continue to find ways to reach them on offense...<<

>>Losing a game by 28 points is different from the first two losses of the year, both one possession games. Will that have an impact?

"It's not about the style of losing," Diaco said. "I'd say losing hurts. It makes you question are you doing the right thing? It makes you think about all the little things and the monster under your bed that's hiding there and the boogeyman in the closet grows. Our culture is super strong and our family is super strong. I don't anticipate the guys not coming back resolute and excited for phase two, for Cincinnati week, but to say that losing and collecting a few of them here isn't incredibly painful is just not fair. Is there a crack? No. This team isn't cracked. The coaches aren't cracked. The cultures not cracked. I'm not, me personally, I'm never going to change, other than to try to get better. I'm not going to stop loving the players with all my heart and all my soul and I'm not going to ever stop teaching them football as I see it."<<

Reaction Score
His redeeming value is he does truly love the kids. That is real and puts him above PP. But, he is not equipped or capable of creating the program the university needs. Let's not waste more time.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Not going to stop teaching football the way I see it..

Great!!

jho

Reaction Score
I've never seen someone overuse the word "resolute" quite like HCBD.

Reaction Score
Whatever Herman is doing is working. Whatever Diaco is doing is not. That's all we need to know.

Herman undressed the Husky defense. He went right to the perimeter and didn't waste any time trying to establish the run up the middle. He figured out UConn weakness, went right after it, exposed it and keep the pedal to the floor, he never eased up.

His defense attacked Uconn's offense. Attacked it.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
As an aside...I know there was a lot of talk about trying to get Herman when UConn got Diaco. While in hindsight, it seems pretty obvious Herman is the better choice (good call Serrano)...I wouldn't be surprised if he wouldn't have considered UConn. He really could have gone to any G5 school...and a good chunk of P5 schools. I think he went to Houston because Ward Jr was there....and they have a great recruiting base with the athletes to make his scheme successful. UConn did not have the QB or the recruiting base. I really don't think he would have considered UConn as an option.

We will probably never know...but just wanted to throw it out there for those who regret not trying to lure him to UConn. Unfortunately, UConn is appealing to coaches who are defense first and offense averse ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom