This Week Sucks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This Week Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just got back from some "first round action" at the garden

Just wow it was like watching two donkeys on roller skates ready to play the next awkward battle of mediocrity

I want my $7 back..

Reaction Score
One thing that dawned on me watching tonight's AAC game and seeing the stands, I expect Memphis to get the calls tomorrow. They will want the place packed for the semis and finals and the Memphis fans may not turn out if their team loses.

Reaction Score
Ignore the other idiot who was thoroughly confused by your question.

Ultimately, I think the Garden will have to move, but I would be surprised if it happens by 2023 - the lease limit says they have to either move in ten years or head back to the permit process. I doubt there will be a resolution in a decade.

It does seem unlikely on its face - for me the hurdle is a simple matter of not easily being able to conceive of it as a reality - considering that they just put a billion dollars into it. But then a billion dollars isn't what it used to be - especially in NYC. Put the right amount of money into the right pockets and mountains will be moved, oceans parted.

Reaction Score
Why all the hate?

I initially read the question wrong...

But I agree with what you said. MSG spent a ton of money in renovations recently and its hard to believe that its only for a ten year period. They'll probably lobby the city to grant another 5-10 years

Darn, I didn't get to read your snarky response - I'll just imagine you wrote "that post is poo poo". ;)

Reaction Score
Darn, I didn't get to read your snarky response - I'll just imagine you wrote "that post is poo poo". ;)

I thought he was talking about the ACC tourney moving there in 2023 an idea that I strongly support (but probably unlikely to happen) if Connecticut is part of that conference in the future . Totally misread the post the first time around

Reaction Score
Ignore the other idiot who was thoroughly confused by your question.

Ultimately, I think the Garden will have to move, but I would be surprised if it happens by 2023 - the lease limit says they have to either move in ten years or head back to the permit process. I doubt there will be a resolution in a decade.

it's funny, they knock down the beautiful original train station (http://vintageista.blogspot.com/2011/02/old-penn-station.html) to make way for the Garden, then knock down the Garden to make way for the train station.

D

Deleted member 3149

On the bright side, it would be a nice make-up treat to play the sweet 16 or elite 8 at the garden.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Anyone nostalgic for some old-time Big East basketball can tune in today for a sure-to-be classic: DePaul-Creighton. Omaha meets Chicago, in New York, for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom