This Week in the BE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Three BCS match-ups.

UConn - Vandy
Rutgers - UNC
Cincy - Tennessee

UConn is the only team favored. An 0-3 BCS weekend would certainly take the wind out of the sail from a successful first weekend. Zero confidence in Rutgers after they only averaged a bit over 3 yards per carry against NC Central. Their offensive line just doesn't have the ability to move the ball on the ground. They are a 10.5 point underdog and will need some magic from Dodd and the WR corps along with some defensive plays come close in this game.

The Cincy game will be interesting. UT is favored by 7. Tennessee is very young and if the Bearcats can get them on their heels by executing their offense they may be able to pull a surprise. This would be a very nice win for the BE as UT will be a tougher team as they get more experience.

Other games - Louisville is only a 4 point favorite over FIU. Their dismal second half offensive showing against Murray St. is the reason for this.

USF vs. Ball St - generally not worthy of a mention, but Ball did defeat Indiana last weekend.

Pitt vs. Maine, WVU vs. Norfolk St., Syracuse vs. Rhode Island.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I'd look for Louisville to go down this week. FIU is going to be a good team this year with another year of Cristobal at the helm. They finished last year incredibly strong and had one of the tougher schedules last year in the early part.

For some reason, I actually have a good feeling on the UC and Rutgers matchups. I think both teams get taken lightly by their opponent and especially Cincinnati could show some serious fireworks on offense. I even think Rutgers has a 50 / 50 chance.

Reaction Score
Against the 3 BCS opponents I think the league goes 2-1.

I may be in the minority, but I'm rooting against RU. To hell with league solidarity. And I really hope (short of injuring him of course) they unload on Huggins after he pulled the hat switcheroo with the Heels.

Reaction Score
It's a minority of at least 2, because I'm with you.
I would love to have Rutgers and Shiano go down in flames this year, as another bad year could really open the NJ recruiting doors for Coach DeLeone and the rest of the staff. How many more years can Shiano sell the "bring a National Championship to NJ" theme when he is finishing last in the Big East.

Reaction Score
I don't think Louisville loses. they had a dominating lead at halftime against Murray St and just took their eyes off the ball. Even then, they pretty much cruised. At least a few people had Murray State in that one, too. A win by Cincy would be nice, and I think is possible. Rutgers I can't imagine winning. UCONN has me worried until we have our quarterback situation figured out. that would be a painful loss.

Reaction Score
FIU is an improving team. L'ville better come ready to play.

Isn't Todd Orlando their D. Coordinator now?

Reaction Score
FIU is an improving team. L'ville better come ready to play.

Isn't Todd Orlando their D. Coordinator now?

sorry,

but i'd like to make another suggestion for improvement, (i'd make all of them on a separate post if there was a readily available icon):

the idiotic "gender symbol" default for avitars is idiotic (did i mention it's idiotic?)

Southern CT Trojan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul