This was complete | The Boneyard

This was complete

Reaction Score
Just watched the highlights. We are humble, energetic, hungry, disciplined, we make shots, and we can make you pay. That’s the difference - Hawkins can make 5 go to 15 at any point.

Reaction Score
Hawk is a dude who I watch the game and go, he seems slightly off, or “he’s just having an ok game” & then i look at the boxscore and he has 20+
I get that same thought too when he isn’t completely on fire. An aggressive Hawk is the best Hawk for this team. He can miss 4 shots in a row and then shoot the 5th shot without hesitation.

Reaction Score
And he started to drive and also do the mid-range shot when his outside shot wasn't falling. This has taken his game to another level.
true and it keeps defenders honest and off balance from over playing his jump shot on the catch.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I get that same thought too when he isn’t completely on fire. An aggressive Hawk is the best Hawk for this team. He can miss 4 shots in a row and then shoot the 5th shot without hesitation.
Yup. He wouldn’t have been able to do this last year. It’s great to see him have the room to be this aggressive. And we’re a much better team for it.

Reaction Score
Hawk is a dude who I watch the game and go, he seems slightly off, or “he’s just having an ok game” & then i look at the boxscore and he has 20+
The quietest 20 point maker we’ve seen in a long time

Just does his business. Finds his spots, and works hard to get to them. He’s starting to see the floor more like a chess board. You can tell everyone is looking for him. Any given shot can go down

Just imagine when he’s in the league with constant coaching and time in the weight room

Reaction Score
It doesn’t feel like Hawkins has played up to his normal standards for the better part of a month, but he has four 20 pieces in his last five games. He can be 1-5 one minute and then have 20 points 10 minutes later

NBA-level shooting ability.

Reaction Score
Last few games he's had good looks rattle out. You have to think those are going to start hitting the bottom of the net more regularly again soon.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Wait a sec…I thought players don’t develop at all under Hurley’s tutelage?
Lol you didn’t read my post all the way. I’ve talked about all summer how Hawkins was going to be great this year simply because he’ll actually get to play. There’s receipts. He goes on shooting slumps just like he did last year. He’s just getting more shots.

There’s been A LOT of development throughout this season though in season from Andre Jackson and AK. Same with Adama with how this offense has changed. It’s been impressive. But yeah it’s changed in ways that a lot of people on this board have been suggesting so it’s not the “aha” moment you think it is. We’re doing what we’ve been asking for.

Reaction Score
It doesn’t feel like Hawkins has played up to his normal standards for the better part of a month, but he has four 20 pieces in his last five games. He can be 1-5 one minute and then have 20 points 10 minutes later

NBA-level shooting ability.
He’s a much better shooter than his percentages. He gets so much attention and takes a lot of difficult 3’s…which are still good shots for us.

Reaction Score
Last few games he's had good looks rattle out. You have to think those are going to start hitting the bottom of the net more regularly again soon.

He’s 14-42 from the court and 8 for 27 from three the last 3 games. While he’s playing ok I guess he will be needed to get his points more efficiently versus better opponents in the tournaments from here on in. He’s getting points from lots of shooting we would like him to get back to 40% from 3 and close to 50 overall.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Wait a sec…I thought players don’t develop at all under Hurley’s tutelage?
Has a lot more to do with what Hawk did during the off season

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

And that is the key to his success this season. Short memory.

Reaction Score
He’s a much better shooter than his percentages. He gets so much attention and takes a lot of difficult 3’s…which are still good shots for us.
Yep. I could count on one hand the amount of Hawkins threes that I didn’t think was going in, all season

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom