This was a Pasquiloni'esque loss. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This was a Pasquiloni'esque loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I watched the game on tv. Its how I knew UCONN brought a huge contingent to the game, because after that call, I could hear nothing but loud boos. Just an absolute horrible call, even the announcers saw that.
Multiple runs during the game where forward progress appeared to be stopped last much longer. Way too quick with the whistle on that one. The play was clearly still on going. Terrible call indeed.

Reaction Score
Why not?

What the hell has Diaco ever done? He's unproven and looked like an amateur today.

No sense of urgency from anyone in this program.

Diaco and Cummings are geniuses. Their record 2-7 defines who they are!!!!

Reaction Score
I need to see him with a different starting QB before I can truly judge. I believe we have the WRs and the Oline has improved to have an open offense, but on that pick 6, that is why you can't consistently trust whitmer to throw the ball and you MUST play conservatively.

I felt terrible for the rest of the team. Even the defense, they forced a punt down one score and we go three and out. The specials get the onside kick.

Even whitmer was playing well on the last two drives, but it's like he wakes up and says "I'm Chandler Whitmer, I have to force a throw that is not necessary and turn it over".

Having a different QB isn't going to take away from Diaco's apparent confusion on the sideline and poor time management. He certainly could have, and should have called a TO before the pik 6 play. They were subbing groups in with 15 secs on play clock. Same thing happened on prior drive when they had to call the 2nd time out. Somebody on the sideline or in the booth better get more decisive.

Reaction Score
I see everyone blaming Diaco for the no TO call on the last play. Can the QB call timeout? I was always under the impression they could.

Reaction Score
I see everyone blaming Diaco for the no TO call on the last play. Can the QB call timeout? I was always under the impression they could.

And the QB acknowledged his mistake. The coach on the other commented about not being aware of what the mind-set was....what the psyche was. Wtf kind of comment is that? The mind set was mass confusion because the sideline sent a second sub group in when the play clock was at 15 seconds and counting. That was the mindset.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
What a bunch of damn cry babies, Wah,Wah,wah. Take off your diapers and put your big boy pants on.
I love that a woman is saying this...You would get along great with my wife.

Reaction Score

So can the coach. It was the coaches fault that play was late. Also keep in mind Whitmer had taken some shots on his runs on that drive. At the end of the day, the coach is the one being paid millions.

Has Whitmer shown himself to be turnover prone at inopportune times while at UConn, no doubt, even more reason for the coach to call TO as that play clock was winding down. There was absolutely zero reason to be trying to preserve a time out at that point.

@RMS25CT , my hope is Diaco working out some of the first time HC jitters.

Reaction Score
So can the coach. It was the coaches fault that play was late. Also keep in mind Whitmer had taken some shots on his runs on that drive. At the end of the day, the coach is the one being paid millions.

Has Whitmer shown himself to be turnover prone at inopportune times while at UConn, no doubt, even more reason for the coach to call TO as that play clock was winding down. There was absolutely zero reason to be trying to preserve a time out at that point.

@RMS25CT , my hope is Diaco working out some of the first time HC jitters.
As a RS SR. no matter what is going on around him, subs or not, he is the leader on the field at the QB position. He sees the play clock running down make the call. Regardless of what other BS is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom