This time last year Lamb had shown nothing | The Boneyard

This time last year Lamb had shown nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We had heard that JC thought he was our best shooter. In fact, JC was raving about Lamb. But he didn't look like much early in the season.

Just a note for the geniuses who think they have seen everything there is to see with Andre Drummond.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
That's not entirely true. Lamb had a great game in one of his first 4 and showed the toolkit he wouldn't polish until late reg season. That's not to say he didnt struggle. He lost a lot of min to Giffey in Maui.

Reaction Score
That's not entirely true. Lamb had a great game in one of his first 4 and showed the toolkit he wouldn't polish until late reg season. That's not to say he didnt struggle. He lost a lot of min to Giffey in Maui.

Lamb had 11 points in his debut, played a ton of minutes and went 1-7 from 3. He looked OK. He followed that up with 4, 7 (in 38 minutes vs. WSU), and 2.

Reaction Score
It's entirely true, he shoot poorly and only had double digit game once in thee first six he played. In fact, he had quite a few poor games after his mid-season break games. He only became consistent in the BET and NCAA

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Was Bridgeport an Exhibition Game? This is an email I wrote on 11/8/10:

J-Lamb- Love at first sight. I'm all in on this kid, he will be the next(maybe last?) great wing out of uconn. His frame looks like Tayshaun Prince. He's tall, skinny, and his arms stretch to the ceiling. This kid was all over the court. His basketball IQ is there already. Two examples of this, He ripped down a long board on the defensive glass and in one fluid motion had the ball in Kemba's hands like a qb handing off to a tailback, then immediately ran his lane to the wing for an open three, I'm not sure he even got the look, but the start of the break was awesome and it usually takes a while to develop in Calhoun teams. Example # 2- On the secondary fast break/early half court offensive set, he took a pass in the corner on the baseline and gave one drop step back towards the midcourt, just enough to commit the defense, and used that to send the post past in along the baseline to chuck with his long arms. That's the type of ball IQ this kid has, its natural. I can't wait to see more. 17 on 7-9, 6 boards, 3 blocks and 2 assists IN 20 MINUTES. He was hitting 3s, he had a put back slam running down the paint. Favorite freshman, and its not close.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
It was exhibition:

http://articles.courant.com/2010-11...apier-bridgeport-coach-mike-ruane-jeremy-lamb

I suppose I'm splitting hairs in challenging the comment that "Lamb didn't look like muchh." He clearly did. But the point of the OP was to juxtapose with Drummond. So lets agree to say that this time last year "Lamb was inconsistent." And Also agree that this year Drummond too looks like much to be excited about, albeit inconsistent.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
there are people mocking AD?

the only thing I can say is that when he plays with energy, he looks sensational. But he seems to be foul prone, so maybe he's holding back to avoid fouls, maybe

when he figures this all out, he may (or will) wow us more than any big man ever

Reaction Score
Drummond will have 20 rebound games. It will just happen. Right now, he averages about 14 rebounds for every 40 minutes played (about). When he figures it out, he will have some huge games on the boards.

Reaction Score
Just a note for the geniuses who think they have seen everything there is to see with Andre Drummond.

Who said they have seen everything there is to see with Andre Drummond? Everyone knows he'll be better.

People are so defensive. All that was said is for the number 1 recruit in the country, one who's on the nat'l player of the year list, a certain 1 and done, someone who several of you said would dominate players such as Sullinger and Zeller... you have to admit, he's nowhere near that hype yet. He's EXTREMELY raw, even for a freshman.

Your comparison to Lamb is understandable. And we can hope it comes true. But again, Lamb was not the consenus best high school player in the country.

AD has potential. There's no denying that. And he may be end up being the missing piece to our puzzle this year. Here's hoping.

But fair or not, the kid came in with incredible hype...Go back and look at some of the Drummond threads... If you cant see or admit that his hype exceeds his CURRENT game, you're in denial. He may not be the best freshman on his own team.

He has a ton to learn...and that's fine. It'll be fun to watch. But right now he's a freak athlete, not a player. For all his hype, you had to expect more than what he's shown so far.

And whoever above said Drummond will have 20 rebound games... It will just happen.... C'mon, 20 rebound games... games...plural... That's the type of hype I'm talking about. What have you seen to make you think that? You realize competition only gets better, right?

Reaction Score
Drummond is stepping onto a veteran team (even though they are sophs and juniors). When guys like Durant, Oden, Anthony, etc. had dominant freshman seasons (or even Rip Hamilton and Caron Butler), they didn't have to worry about a nucleus like UConn does. So the dynamic is different. if Drummond makes mistakes, JC can pull him and play Alex and Tyler, or play Roscoe at the 4. If he had less talent around him, they'd be feeding him the ball more and he'd get into a rhythm. The talented freshman on a veteran team is often wildly inconsistent (Xavier Henry springs to mind - or Rudy Gay/Charlie V for us) just because they aren't in a position to play through mistakes or shoot their way out of slumps. I think Drummond will put up close to 20-20 on someone this year on a day when he has everything clicking. Something like an 18 and 16..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom