This time last year… | The Boneyard

This time last year…

Reaction Score
We beat a St John’s 63-60. We were ranked 24 in the country and increased our record to 17-7 (8-5).

Today we beat GTown 68-62. We are ranked 24 in the country and increased our record to 18-6 (7-6).

Same ranking… similar record… way different team.

Last year our BE schedule was pretty balanced throughout conference play but was the most difficult in the middle. We went 1-3 during that stretch (Creighton, Nova, Marq, X). We finished the season 23-9 (13-6).

This year was difficult to start conference play I think we end up with a similar record to last year but drop a seed or two in the BET. Albeit we have that home court advantage at MSG. We have another difficult stretch of games coming up but 3 of 4 games are home. I am feeling pretty good about where we are despite the early conference game woes. I do think we will finish the regular season with a similar record as last year. The conference looks like a 5-6 bid league again. We could be staring at another 5v12 match up unless we take care of business in NYC.

How we feeling?

caw

Reaction Score
I think, if healthy, this team is built better for a tournament run.

Hard to tell because Hawkins went down and missed the tournament last year which killed the limited depth UConn had last year. I think UConn would have had a shot at winning a game or two last year if he's healthy, he was another wing defender UConn could have used in the first round and even at about 6 points a game his bench production was very helpful, not to mention giving a breather to Martin and Jackson.

Reaction Score
Would be a bummer to see a 5 seed just given the way the season started and the fact that you like to see continuous improvement. The computers like this team, and the non conference buoys them a bit. With a strong end to the season and tournament, a 3/4 seed would be lovely

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom