This thread is hilarious | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This thread is hilarious

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Cuse needs to be in the BE....

Has not and probably will not find a real rival in the ACC....certainly not what could develop in the Big East.

They have put more folks in the seats during the last three Duke games then with anyone they played in the Big East....but Duke doesn't consider them a rival.
I remember they put so much hype into that first Duke game at the Dome and had 35,000 in attendance or whatever it was and Duke could not care less about them. Pretty hilarious.

Reaction Score
This is priceless. I'd much play in Raleigh than the Garden. Lol.

This isn’t 1985.

“Regional rivalries” mean what exactly? What has St. Johns, Seton Hall and Providence done? I get it’s better than the AAC; and Nova has been tremendous. But the Big East is largely a better basketball conference than the AAC (not including Nova) because of the mid-western, non-traditional BE schools - Xavier, Marquette, Creighton. But yeah... there’s no conversation between that crew and Duke, UNC, UVA, Louisville, FSU, etc.

Football money + much better basketball = easy choice. I could give a F about playing freaking Seton Hall.

We’ve had some tremendous games against Duke over the years; UVA too. And I'd rather play NC State than St Johns. I mean it’s not even close.

Reaction Score

Has not and probably will not find a real rival in the ACC....certainly not what could develop in the Big East.

They have put more folks in the seats during the last three Duke games then with anyone they played in the Big East....but Duke doesn't consider them a rival.

That has a lot to do with the initial novelty of Duke coming to town and Duke fans making the trip from NYC. UConn never had that traveling presence in the Dome because we had so many more local games to attend in the Big East. Driving to Syracuse was a pain in the butt when I could go to Providence, Boston College, St Johns and Seton Hall much more easily. PC and St John’s were my favorite trips.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

They could have had an ACC rival rather easily. They chose not to have one.

Reaction Score
It’s also funny to think about it this way, UConn is more a rival to duke than Syracuse is.

if I was duke/UNC I would also be mad that Syracuse joined the ACC. Waters down the basketball with a slow boring playstyle, non-exciting recruits, and a whiny ass coach.

Reaction Score
Tough for Cuse to have a natural rival in the ACC....as they are at the end of the known universe.

Moving to the Northeast with BC and Syracuse was a dumb idea...but after screeching that for years, I am resigned to it....just, please Lord, don't have them on FSU's annual football schedule rather than GT, VT, Virginia, UNC, or Duke.

Reaction Score
Their board honestly reminds me of this one trying to justify the AAC. Attempting to manufacture rivalries with schools we have no history with, and ones who we don’t even recruit against. It’s honestly sad.

They’re like the old man who moves to a new city and then tells everyone who doesn’t care about their high school playing days

Reaction Score
Tough for Cuse to have a natural rival in the ACC....as they are at the end of the known universe.

Moving to the Northeast with BC and Syracuse was a dumb idea...but after screeching that for years, I am resigned to it....just, please Lord, don't have them on FSU's annual football schedule rather than GT, VT, Virginia, UNC, or Duke.
I don’t know much about what went down, why didn’t they take West Virginia over cuse/BC?

Reaction Score

Yeah, Syracuse needs to leave a conference that pays many multiples what the BE makes. That's insane. We need to get out of the BE and into a real conference. One that pays like the ACC.

Reaction Score
The only thing that matters is we have 4 national championships and they have 1. They love to brag about the ACC $ but they're the punching bag for Duke, UNC, UVA, FSU, and Louisville. We're going to be competing for national championships with the way our recruiting is going and they'll be counting how many boogers come out of that senile old mans nose

Also, since they joined the ACC, their average finish has been 7th place....lol

Reaction Score
Do it! Getting banned from there is a BY right of passage.
LOL. Not worth my time really. A fun thought, but low on the internet priority list. I'd rather pontificate here then on there. Plus, we're likley a better crew here. :)

Reaction Score
I wonder if Syracuse has named a building after Donna Shalala who received her Ph.D at Cuse and, as President of the U (Miami)...wanted Syracuse as the enticement to have Miami coming to the ACC?

Reaction Score
I check in on their board every once in a while, usually for laughs and they never disappoint. There is real estate in heads and then there is the penthouse UConn will forever occupy in the head of that fanbase...

Hurley is a joke. | Syracusefan.com

Wow.
You have to read them all (2 pages) to see just how big a complex they have about UConn. They're even making stuff up about Hurley and how he treats his players and attacks opposing players, coaches and fans.
But the constant theme is we're nobody in spite of four > one and Olander 2, JB 1.
They must also be worried about recent recruiting with all the comments about how we've got nobody of value other than Bouknight.
A couple of honest people though, including one who noted we'll always be rivals and not likely they'll ever be rivals with Duke and North Fraud U.

Reaction Score
Imagine being the loser who posted how their 1 championship 17 years ago was all he needed and he didn’t care about winning any more of them. Charmin soft mentality.

I hope he doesn’t say things like that in public. Embarrassing.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
EAABC738-EF8A-4DB9-9E02-D1E3299572EC.jpeg

Reaction Score
As laughable as some of their posters are over there, imagine what they would be like if Carmelo Anthony didn't make a pitstop for a couple months onto their campus back in 03.

The Big East has a team and coach that has won 2 of the last 4 national championships and now they add UConn back into the mix. But I'm glad that Cuse fans are so happy they get to play NC State instead of Seton Hall or St. Johns.

Reaction Score
Yeah, Syracuse needs to leave a conference that pays many multiples what the BE makes. That's insane. We need to get out of the BE and into a real conference. One that pays like the ACC.
They won't get squat if there's no football this year. Football might be driving the bus off the cliff.

Reaction Score
They won't get squat if there's no football this year. Football might be driving the bus off the cliff.
That's just denial talking. This year will pass and Syracuse will make way more money than us based on their conference affiliation. They ain't leaving.

BTW, UNC fans love us for knocking out Duke in 1999 and 2004.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom