This them will not survive in the Big East | The Boneyard

This them will not survive in the Big East

Reaction Score
As others have, they are too soft and too small. I watched Marquette beat Villanova today. There is some real talent on those teams. We would get eaten alive against either of them.

Reaction Score
Should we stay in the American?? LOL

Hurley better find a way.

Reaction Score
I have total faith in DH, but this is no Wagner rebuild or Rhode Island rebuild. Those teams play in easier conferences than the American, clearly. Now we are going to the Big East. I think we all got giddy and excited that this was starting to turn around, but the reality is, it's going to take time. Next year may also be frustrating because we will be so young, but after 3 years of Hurley recruits, then I think we can start to have better expectations. It's not going to be an easy road though...

Reaction Score
Yeah, losing sucks but I would rather lose to Nova or Setan any day over south florida, a school that does not even take baskeball seriously.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I have total faith in DH,
I have to ask, total faith on what basis? I have faith, based on Bouknight and Akok, in his recruiting. But in terms of the whole coaching picture - offense, defense, composition of the staff, team discipline, game preparation, adjustments, uniform team intensity and effort, etc., I dont have faith. I have hope. I have to see more to have faith.

Reaction Score
I have to ask, total faith on what basis? I have faith, based on Bouknight and Akok, in his recruiting. But in terms of the whole coaching picture - offense, defense, composition of the staff, team discipline, game preparation, adjustments, uniform team intensity and effort, etc., I dont have faith. I have hope. I have to see more to have faith.
Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane.

Reaction Score
This team will do much better in the Big East. It's a softer league. The AAC is big boy basketball that demands toughness.

Reaction Score
Imagine the result of this game without the frosh.
Akok outscores fellow starters Polley, Carlton and Gilbert (Do like the 8 to 3 Assist/TO) combined. Vital 3 for 10. No team can win this way.

Reaction Score
This team will do much better in the Big East. It's a softer league. The AAC is big boy basketball that demands toughness.
That's funny, not haha funny but funny. Leaving this crappy conference is the best thing to happen to UConn.

Reaction Score
Yeah lets just stay in the AAC and get worse recruits.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Well, fortunately this team does not have to play in the Big East.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This team would have an issue in any P5, Mountain West, AAC and vs high tier A-10
Even with the recruits he has brought in and will be coming in next year the same issue will come to play - UConn needs to get players who are bigger and stronger - DH loves the finesse guys and you can't win without muscle and grit - the only players on this team that has any real grit are Vital and Whalley but both are undersized when facing players in the AAC
Brown has size but lacks experience and Bouk needs to get a whole lot bulkier to withstand the physical play teams will be throwing at him
Men vs Boys - it's been that way since 2015 and unless he lands a huge big man with experience for next year it's going to be ugly again

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yeah lets just stay in the AAC and get worse recruits.
I hate the AAC also BUT I will take the players that Houston, WSU, the guards at SFU and play any team in the NBE
It's not the rank of recruits that DH is recruiting it's the physical size of player he is ending up with - for the most part

Reaction Score
Next year’s team will absolutely compete in the Big East. Look at the difference in talent we’ll have. We’ll have Bouk, Gaffney, Adams, and Akok with a years experience plus Cole, Javonte Brown Ferguson, Jackson, and Springs coming in.
And likely 2 others at this rate. 1 for sure with AG gone.

Reaction Score
"Total Faith" may be a bit extreme. But based on his track record prior to Uconn, his Big East history, his recruiting record at Uconn so far and his family history, there is a lot to be optimistic about. It's not a guarantee though. Nothing is. What do you need? Coach K leaving Puke mid-season to become our next coach? Like others have said and is so obvious, this rebuild is more difficult than those in DH's past and will take a few more years.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
"Total Faith" may be a bit extreme. But based on his track record prior to Uconn, his Big East history, his recruiting record at Uconn so far and his family history, there is a lot to be optimistic about. It's not a guarantee though. Nothing is. What do you need? Coach K leaving Puke mid-season to become our next coach? Like others have said and is so obvious, this rebuild is more difficult than those in DH's past and will take a few more years.
To be honest, I think recruiting to UConn, with the Big East history, the four recent national championships, the players in the past - Ray, Kemba, Rip, Donyell, Emeka, Andre, Shabazz, Caron, Rudy, Ben, etc. - not to mention the hall of fame former coach and the move to the Big East, that’s the easy part of the job.

The harder things are the other parts of coaching. I’ll reserve judgment and continue to hope. The last two games haven’t shown me much. The NBA game is a players game. The college game is a coaches game. That’s why Calipari hasn’t won more championships with all of the talent on Kentucky over the years, and why Calhoun always had his number.

Reaction Score
To be honest, I think recruiting to UConn, with the Big East history, the four recent national championships, the players in the past - Ray, Kemba, Rip, Donyell, Emeka, Andre, Shabazz, Caron, Rudy, Ben, etc. - not to mention the hall of fame former coach and the move to the Big East, that’s the easy part of the job.

The harder things are the other parts of coaching. I’ll reserve judgment and continue to hope. The last two games haven’t shown me much. The NBA game is a players game. The college game is a coaches game. That’s why Calipari hasn’t won more championships with all of the talent on Kentucky over the years, and why Calhoun always had his number.
I agree with you completely.

Reaction Score
cliques exist for a reason. They more often than not sum up the gist of what we are trying to say. Having said that - Rome wasn't built in a day. If anyone was expecting to see this years team at the Ncaa finals you might want to have someone drive you down to Bradly Field and see if United or Southwest have any flights to reality.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom