this team's defense | The Boneyard

this team's defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
could this team be better than last year's team defensively? though losing maya, klm is not bad, stokes and banks should be effective, and everyone else should be better. with more people to bring off the bench, fatigue might not be as big a factor as last year. geno certainly is using more full-court pressure. by year's end , the defense might be making a huge difference in the big games.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Very possibly it's better than last year, just because everyone defends so well. Bria seems much better defensively this year.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I think everyone who was on last year's team is as at least as good, and probably a bit better, than last year. The freshmen came in strong defensively, and Buck is getting after it on D. The added depth definitely helps. Im very interested to see what we try to do against A&M and Baylor on the defensive side of the ball.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I think everyone who was on last year's team is as at least as good, and probably a bit better, than last year. The freshmen came in strong defensively, and Buck is getting after it on D. The added depth definitely helps. Im very interested to see what we try to do against A&M and Baylor on the defensive side of the ball.

Speaking of A&M, did everyone catch Doris saying that Mulkey thinks A&M may be the 2nd best team in the country? We'll get to see them up close in a little more than a week.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Speaking of A&M, did everyone catch Doris saying that Mulkey thinks A&M may be the 2nd best team in the country? We'll get to see them up close in a little more than a week.
i saw that. i think both teams lost substantial players in Moore/Dixon and Adams/Colson, but both teams also added substantial players as well. and aTm has some true bigs to play in the post this year.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Tough to say how good A&M is at this point. They haven't really played anyone other than an extremely short-handed Lousiville. But if they beat UConn in Hartford, they would certainly warrant a #2 national ranking.

Reaction Score
Speaking of Stokes, did anyone see that blocked shot and one-handed juggling act to conrrol the rebound? She could be special, folks.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Speaking of Stokes, did anyone see that blocked shot and one-handed juggling act to conrrol the rebound? She could be special, folks.
Yep, very impressive play. She has a lot of work to do in terms of improving on the offensive side of the ball, but she is better than I hoped she'd be on defense at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom