This team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This team

Reaction Score
This team IS very special and the closest team I have ever seen they remind me of in terms of philosophy and ethos ( just learned what that word means) is the Red Holman Knicks. Strong team defense along with share the ball selfless mentality and find the open man offensive ability. I was fortunate to be at every home game of the 69-70 NBA playoffs. Knick’s toughness and reliance on team ball reminds me of this team. Every night any one could lead the team in scoring. Just like UCONN. When Willis went down in game 5 vs the Lakers in the final round, Frazier came up big with 36 points and 19 assists In game 7.

If UCONN is able to match and surpass any team’s defensive intensity here on out in game situations where they may be challenged, our future looks bright. Do they have a fifth gear?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The tournament is brutal and it only takes one hot opponent playing out of their minds to end the dream, so let’s not get too gitty. There is a lot of work to do and if we make it all the way through, understand we have been spoiled beyond measure watching rarities occur with unusual abundance.
Hey giddyup it's giddy not gitty!:)

Reaction Score
The rest of America wasn’t ready for last year’s team that went 13-7 in conference play, and this team went 18-2 in a what was a stronger conference than it was last year.

We are just as big a threat from 3, have more guys who can run the offense, we are nearly as deep, again have a killer one-two punch at the 5, and have the championship pedigree. Everyone should be terrified.
Our defense isn't as lock-down as it was last year, largely the downgrade from Hawkins to Spencer and from Clingan to Johnson, but our offense is much harder to bog down.

Our ceiling is comparable and our floor is even higher. Someone would have to catch us on a bad day and have the game of their life.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The tournament is brutal and it only takes one hot opponent playing out of their minds to end the dream, so let’s not get too gitty. There is a lot of work to do and if we make it all the way through, understand we have been spoiled beyond measure watching rarities occur with unusual abundance.
Of course. And losing in either of the remaining tournaments will leave a bitter taste. Given the sober realism of your statement I have the choice of letting an upcoming negative reality temper my current feelings or be grateful of what I have already experienced and enjoy it up to this moment. If your reality does come true then tempering my current exuberance would have accomplished nothing. So happy it is for now. And hopefully happy it is after nine more games.

Reaction Score
Our defense isn't as lock-down as it was last year, largely the downgrade from Hawkins to Spencer and from Clingan to Johnson, but our offense is much harder to bog down.

Our ceiling is comparable and our floor is even higher. Someone would have to catch us on a bad day and have the game of their life.
And losing Jackson was huge for defense but I think our BBIQ is better and Spencer is able to contribute on that end with his awareness. No question we were better defensively last year. This year we are just smothering people with offense

Reaction Score
This team is special. I've been saying for a while I think it has the chance to be the best UConn team ever. No matter what happens from here on out this team will always be special. There's an opportunity to win 8 more games now to lay claim to that throne.

I'm arguing/discussing with people on this board about realignment and what our place is. Our place is we have the best basketball program in the country. We're wrapped up in our UConn fandom critiquing every little thing about our play, where we fit in, and celebrating every amazing thing about our play. The rest of the college basketball fans/world are saying holy sh^^ this team is good.

I guess my point is enjoy the hell out of this because it's not normal...

Half the fans here are older than me and they've seen everything. I'm old enough to have seen us since Calhoun started turning us into a giant in those early years and this is the best stretch of basketball I've ever seen us play. There were fans who thought we were done and there were other fans who thought we would have
get back to being great but our experience as UConn fans has been incredibly unique. There's been insane peaks and valleys and no program in the country has dealt with the cr@p that's been thown our way.

I keep stressing, enjoy this. I did when it was rolling in the 90's and 2000's but I'm not sure appreciated it like it should've been appreciated. I'm bathing in it right now. I had my doubts we would be rolling like this again and we're rolling harder than we ever have before.

No matter what happens from here on out this team is special. They've had three goals all season. One is accomplished, the other one can be accomplished the day after St. Pat's, the third happens in early April. Hurley and the team have been open and confident about expressing those goals. As fans let's make sure we fully appreciate the trip. It doesn't really get better than this.
Well
Said

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Hubris, distraction, dissension, and illness/injury would seem to represent the greatest risks to achieving the stated goals.

Attitude, focus, and unity of purpose address the first three, and continue to appear healthy within the staff and players. We fans can be helpful in these areas by boosting the team's spirits, repelling the trolls who are already visiting, not falling prey to media outlets with motivations contrary to UConn's best interests, and expecting that opposing fanbases will direct efforts toward disruption as part of their own competitive ambitions.

May the coaches, players, and fans be healthy, and may we all prosper in the coming days of tournament play.

Reaction Score
Of course. And losing in either of the remaining tournaments will leave a bitter taste. Given the sober realism of your statement I have the choice of letting an upcoming negative reality temper my current feelings or be grateful of what I have already experienced and enjoy it up to this moment. If your reality does come true then tempering my current exuberance would have accomplished nothing. So happy it is for now. And hopefully happy it is after nine more games.
We should be happy and enjoy the moments. Im
not saying they don’t make it. Im just saying it’s a real gauntlet, and the tourney has a way of chopping down giants. It will be an amazing feat to repeat with emphasis on simply amazing. For those that like to watch beautiful basketball, there are stretches when it’s just pure perfection. Fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
The most remarkable thing about this team is that their floor is higher than most teams ceilings. They are methodical and unselfish and with our starting 5, we truly have 5 go to options. That is unique. To me, their biggest opponent is themselves. If they stay healthy and play within themselves, stay composed and keep their “identity”, I don’t see anyone beating them. Of course those our big ifs, and with season on the line, emotions can take over, but in the hypothetical of UConn vs the field, smart money may actually consider UConn. They are that good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom