This team will never take the next step with Hurley as coach | Page 10 | The Boneyard

This team will never take the next step with Hurley as coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did he? I don't agree with the clown of an OP, but I didn't see any improvement on offense and he clearly missed TO opportunities in the first half.
I don’t know really, but I think the criticisms of DH are overblown. At this stage of the rebuild and in this season, Bouk is the key to the team. UConn survived without Bouk, but the real team is with him. Let him play for 5 games straight and see where UConn is, and then judge DH on the year.

UConn might not go anywhere, but they could also be very dangerous. With Bouk on the court, the other pieces all look better. I’m high on Cole’s upside.

Reaction Score
If you think the book on Hurley is written, you are a drama queen.

If you can't see his struggles with in-game coaching, you don't understand what you are watching.

Reaction Score
Ya the "uconn recruit dropping rankings" conspiracy is weird. All 3 of our curremt commits have improved their rankings since committing.
I've followed recruiting for many years and it's pretty rare to see a guy drop from the #7 center to the #16 center on a reclass and even stranger for a guy to drop from #31 to #92 just because he enrolls a semester early to practice with the team.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Did he? I don't agree with the clown of an OP, but I didn't see any improvement on offense and he clearly missed TO opportunities in the first half.
I think the step up came in the second half. First half was sloppy, stupid, and leaderless.

Reaction Score
I don't think the problem is with Hurley. The problem was all the BB fans who demanded UConn go into the New Big East. UConn has to come up with a workable strategy to get into the ACC or similar conference.

Reaction Score
Did I miss a game? This can't be from the double-digit road win, right.

Reaction Score
I am all in as far as Hurley, I have been since day one and will continue to be. But all things considered, there is no reason for Uconn to NOT make the tourney this year/no reason why they couldn't have. People would be correct in being disappointed in a failure to make it, even if it was just as a 10-12 seed. There are still some games to be played, so we shall see.

Reaction Score
I don't think the problem is with Hurley. The problem was all the BB fans who demanded UConn go into the New Big East. UConn has to come up with a workable strategy to get into the ACC or similar conference.
Have you actually followed conference realignmen?

Reaction Score
I never would have believed it yesterday, but this embarrassment of a thread has actually gotten worse overnight.

What the flock is going on people?

Yup, just a bunch of know it all arm chair warriors throwing their feces at the wall. Truly an embarrassing display.

But know that this is the same idiot crowd that took an early look at Calhoun's 2010 recruiting class (Napier, Lamb, Giffey etc.) and decided before they played that this class was evidence that the old man (Calhoun) had lost his way.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Yup, just a bunch of know it all arm chair warriors throwing their feces at the wall. Truly an embarrassing display.

But know that this is the same idiot crowd that took an early look at Calhoun's 2010 recruiting class (Napier, Lamb, Giffey etc.) and decided before they played that this class was evidence that the old man (Calhoun) had lost his way.
That wasn't the point I was trying to make, but the armchair quarterbacks do play a big role.

No, it's worse. Somehow the stupid has metastasized to cover many areas now like some sort of "Hold my beer!" meme.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
A clown to me is someone who would criticize the use of first-half timeouts in a double-digit win.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
That wasn't the point I was trying to make, but the armchair quarterbacks do play a big role.

No, it's worse. Somehow the stupid has metastasized to cover many areas now like some sort of "Hold my beer!" meme.

We definitely need more posts about the quality of the posting on this board. That will turn things around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom