This team, similar to 2009 squad | The Boneyard

This team, similar to 2009 squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Plenty of talent on this team, but many similarities

Drummond vs Thabeet, ultimately Drummond's O game will be more developed than Thabeet, currently they are equal

Boatright vs Kemba, very similar player, speed, quickness, and dribble and drive off the bench
Equal

Olander vs Edwards, I think Edwards was more stout as a Defensive player, but Olander has a more versatile Offensive game
Equal

Price vs Shabazz, not too flashy, but can be a great passer and throw up an occasional threat from 3 point land, if Shabazz can play like Price did, we are in for a treat
Edge to Price

The differences
Dyson vs Lamb, Dyson was dangerous then ulitmately injured, Lamb is more of a threat, and more consistent
Edge to Lamb

Smith and Daniels vs Stanely, each wing has to step it up, Daniels more aggressive on O, Roscoe, focused on D. The rotation of these two is better than Stanley was
Equal

Oriahki vs Adrien, if AO had Adrien's heart, he would be dominate. Similar game except AO doesn't bring it hard enough. Again, another IF but a BIG IF, AO can play to a similar form, we will be dominate
Edge to Adrien

These two teams look eerily similar, but I give the potential edge to this 2011 team because their ceiling is higher, which could be scary because we were a Dyson injury and a home court disadvantage away from a Championship game

Reaction Score
" we were a Dyson injury and a home court disadvantage away from a Championship game..."
To each to their own opinion but I don't believe that. The 09' team had too many players where showing up was a question mark. The 2011 team has more talent and heart. They are just very young and trying to find their way without Kemba.
Also, JC has to somehow figure out an offense against the zone and how to stop making opposing guards look like Lindsey Hunter from the perimeter. These are not new problems. Maybe Ollie should take a shot at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom