This team is storming into March | The Boneyard

This team is storming into March

Reaction Score
Guard play wins in March. It's been proven time and time again. Who is playing better over the last 24 hours than Jalen Adams? Nobody in this conference, that's for sure. Cincinnati is struggling with Wichita State at home after just losing to Houston a few days ago. I would pick UConn to pull off the upset on Thursday, but can you even call it an upset at this point? The wheels are falling off early this year @kobe

"Look at where we're ranked on KenPom." No. We're clearly a different team right now. Tyler Polley has hit six threes in a row. That sort of thing becomes tougher to game plan for when he's just abruptly unleashed on the college basketball world. Losing coaches play their best players in meaningless January games and then the book is out on them by March. That pick and pop with Adams and Larrier/Polley looks like a nightmare to guard right now. Larrier is beginning to see more clearly out of that mask and he's taking aim for the Bearcats next (with a team called the Bearcats, you know they don't have an identity - we have ours).

2011. 2014. You can fill in the blanks. Preseason almost over. Rest of the country better take cover. East Carolina found out the hard way that you'd rather get us early and if you get us down you better put us away.

Reaction Score
Guard play wins in March. It's been proven time and time again. Who is playing better over the last 24 hours than Jalen Adams? Nobody in this conference, that's for sure. Cincinnati is struggling with Wichita State at home after just losing to Houston a few days ago. I would pick UConn to pull off the upset on Thursday, but can you even call it an upset at this point? The wheels are falling off early this year @kobe

"Look at where we're ranked on KenPom." No. We're clearly a different team right now. Tyler Polley has hit six threes in a row. That sort of thing becomes tougher to game plan for when he's just abruptly unleashed on the college basketball world. Losing coaches play their best players in meaningless January games and then the book is out on them by March. That pick and pop with Adams and Larrier/Polley looks like a nightmare to guard right now. Larrier is beginning to see more clearly out of that mask and he's taking aim for the Bearcats next (with a team called the Bearcats, you know they don't have an identity - we have ours).

2011. 2014. You can fill in the blanks. Preseason almost over. Rest of the country better take cover. East Carolina found out the hard way that you'd rather get us early and if you get us down you better put us away.
If we can beat a powerful ECU team in their own building the sky is the limit :)

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
If we can beat a powerful ECU team in their own building the sky is the limit :)
Did I actually see bleachers lower level? Williams kept ECU in the game with SOME of those awful three's. When a player sets and shoots is one thing, when shooting the ball on the run is a head banger. We did look good. However, walking into Cincy's house after that loss to WS. They are going to be pissed. Hopefully we bring that shooting from ECU to Cincy. Unless we get tough under the boards. Do we have anybody tough under the boards? Seems like Vital and Adams know how to rebound. Any back to the OP hope you are right. Hell, never mind Ollie, I will give you a hug.

Reaction Score
0-10 vs. top 50 right now & likely to end season 0-13 vs. top 50..............the only thing this team is storming is the record book of awfulness.....we know you had little help Jalen.

I appreciate that most of the players are still making an effort and maybe they'll pull off an upset in the last 4 games & give themselves a top 50 win.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bill Walton!!!!!!!!!!! Reincarnated!

A little Walton in this post! lol

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh San Antonio in April! This UConn Husky team belongs in SA for the Final4! This is the Alamo story revisted! These UConn Huskies will defend their territory until death! Didn't you know the scenery is beautiful in SA. This UConn team is like a San Antonio spring wild flower growing on the side of the road! There are centuries of history in SA just like this UConn program therefor we are riding the theme of destiny...ect ect ect-Walton

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Is this a copypasta?

Or more of a "Secret" type thing.

Reaction Score

Great stuff. I can get on this bandwagon. Maybe we have some secret offense sets we're gonna pull out and play some killer defense. Hey anything's possible if St. Johns can beat Duke!

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score

my avatar wants to take a hit of that stuff you got.

Reaction Score
I dunno, maybe if Jalen misses his free throws and ECU makes a buzzer three to win it, things look different. Still, Champ's logic seems pretty tight. Trouble is, there's KO's logic to contend with, and that would argue for Polley sitting down for the rest of the season.

Reaction Score

This was clearly an attempt at being funny, without any of the funny. You Kevin Hart'd it.

Reaction Score
Need to continue to push for 2018 recruits. With Polley shooting 100% from 3 recently, there’s a good chance a team scoops him up as a lottery pick. A growing 6’8” teenager who doesn’t miss from three and plays level 5 defense is hard to pass up.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Enthusiasm and optimism on par with Scrappy... and grammar much improved too. Hard not to like.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Adams, Vital, Larrier, Whalley, Carlton. Start these five and play em 28 minuts a night together and we can run the table folks. I'm not just talkin regular season, I'm not just talkin through the AAC tournament, I'm talkin all the way. The whole damn shooting match. Into April and all that.

If Ollie does that...we win. If he doesn't, we'll get what we got.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom