This team is ISO true leader at the time of need. | The Boneyard

This team is ISO true leader at the time of need.

Reaction Score
I’m taking about leadership like Kemba or Bazz. These guys see the game, and manufacture whatever the team needs most, be it an assist, rebound, score, or maybe most importantly for this young team, a calming presence.

Remember the thread “if you had to pick a player to add to this team”, I have never missed Kemba or bazz more after today’s game.

Reaction Score
To be fair, this is the first game we actually needed it. Lol

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It probably needs to be Andre. He’s the most talented. Just needs to figure out how to put the ball in the hole outside of 3s.

There was a point in the game where he single-handedly went on like a 7-0 run.

Reaction Score
TN did not play his best down the stretch, would've liked to see more HD. This loss was going to come sooner or later. Regroup, we're on to Providence.

Reaction Score
Just saying, a player like Kemba or Bazz could do wonders for a coach peach of mind at close or behind situations like this.

JC once said, we have Kemba!

Reaction Score
It probably needs to be Andre. He’s the most talented. Just needs to figure out how to put the ball in the hole outside of 3s.

That isn't Andre's game. Where have you seen him drive consistency and finish off drives. He is a hustle player who gives you 3's, Defense, great passing from top of the key and rebounding. If he could create offense he would be a first round pick but that isn't his game. He tries to drive and score with that ugly floater. Andre is critical to the team but not as the go to guy. It has to be Hawkins. He has the tools to do it but just has to play smarter with the ball.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
That isn't Andre's game. Where have you seen him drive consistency and finish off drives. He is a hustle player who gives you 3's, Defense, great passing from top of the key and rebounding. If he could create offense he would be a first round pick but that isn't his game. He tries to drive and score with that ugly floater. Andre is critical to the team but not as the go to guy. It has to be Hawkins. He has the tools to do it but just has to play smarter with the ball.
A jumpshot used to not be a part of Kemba’s game until it was…. Ijs. Andre used to not be able to shoot a lick and that improved.. if he focused on it and it got developed… I don’t see why it can’t be him. It may be too late for this season idk. But he has all the talent for it to be a thing.

Reaction Score

His assist to t/o ratio has been very impressive the last few games and he was leading our team in assists at 4.8 coming into today.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
His assist to t/o ratio has been very impressive the last few games and he was leading our team in assists at 4.8 coming into today.
I’m not saying Andre should stop being a facilitator… it’s possible to do both. Kemba and Shabazz did both… I would like to see Andre do the same. Facilitate as usual, and score when you are needed as the leader and most talented player.

Reaction Score
A jumpshot used to not be a part of Kemba’s game until it was…. Ijs. Andre used to not be able to shoot a lick and that improved.. if he focused on it and it got developed… I don’t see why it can’t be him. It may be too late for this season idk. But he has all the talent for it to be a thing.
No way are you comparing Kemba's game to AJ's game. Definitely by the Junior year game Kemba was able to score off drives at will. He even did it as Freshman. Andre is just not a dribble penetrator who can score. Nothing in his 3 years shows that. He is a 3 and D guy. Hawkins is the key to find a go to scorer. He has the skills required in shooting, mid-range game and enough handle to be dangerous. He just needs to be smarter with the ball and sometimes drive penetrate when they overplay him at the 3 Pt line.

Reaction Score
We lost some games with Kemba and Shabazz and learned from them, let’s do the same.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
No way are you comparing Kemba's game to AJ's game. Definitely by the Junior year game Kemba was able to score off drives at will. He even did it as Freshman. Andre is just not a dribble penetrator who can score. Nothing in his 3 years shows that. He is a 3 and D guy. Hawkins is the key to find a go to scorer. He has the skills required in shooting, mid-range game and enough handle to be dangerous. He just needs to be smarter with the ball and sometimes drive penetrate when they overplay him at the 3 Pt line.
That’s not what I’m saying. There games are completely different. I’m just saying Kemba had big deficiencies in his game that he completely turned around by his junior year. We haven’t seen that from Andre and I wish we did. Because he’s the most talented on the team.

Hawkins should probably be that guy too but his handle just isn’t where it should be to create and he’s still not strong enough yet.

Reaction Score
In today’s game if you cannot dribble penetration and attack the rims and draw fouls and get to FT line, you just don’t have ”it” when in close games. So you see, Ajax simply does not have it at this point of his game.

Reaction Score
I said this a month ago and was informed we don’t need that one guy because of our depth.

Apologies accepted.

Reaction Score
AJAX is invaluable, great game, but we now have opposing team’s game plans for the rest of the way. The clue was no one within 10 feet of him as he was dared to shoot time and again with their 5 players guarding our 4. In that situation what is the solution?

Reaction Score
AJAX is invaluable, great game, but we now have opposing team’s game plans for the rest of the way. The clue was no one within 10 feet of him as he was dared to shoot time and again with their 5 players guarding our 4. In that situation what is the solution?

Why do people keep repeating this? He jacked up a few in the last minute or so (no one else made any either) but during the course of the game when they sagged off he made them. Isn’t that what he’s supposed to do?

Reaction Score
I’m taking about leadership like Kemba or Bazz. These guys see the game, and manufacture whatever the team needs most, be it an assist, rebound, score, or maybe most importantly for this young team, a calming presence.

Remember the thread “if you had to pick a player to add to this team”, I have never missed Kemba or bazz more after today’s game.
Newton made some horrendous plays down the stretch. This team needs a guy that can settle guys down on the court. I thought thatd be Newton but thats not the case. Disappointed we lost today but im not wrecked by it. I mean X gave us something close to their A game and we played our C game at best and DH brought his D along to boot and we couldve won the game. I wont even mention the refs only to say that was atrocious.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
This really should be Newton but he is so shaky with his handle. Might be Diarra.

Reaction Score
That’s not what I’m saying. There games are completely different. I’m just saying Kemba had big deficiencies in his game that he completely turned around by his junior year. We haven’t seen that from Andre and I wish we did. Because he’s the most talented on the team.

Hawkins should probably be that guy too but his handle just isn’t where it should be to create and he’s still not strong enough yet.
He is if he uses hia midrange game. He could play like Richard Hamilton he would be golden.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom