This Season Would Have Been The Same No Matter Who Warde Hired | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This Season Would Have Been The Same No Matter Who Warde Hired

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I strongly support Diaco. If he has the same results in year 3 I may change my mind. I think he will pull this together as part of a longer plan. Takes a lot of patience to coach a losing program that is in a deep hole.

I don't support most of the views posted on this panic stricken board. If I were a potential recruit and read some of the comments on this board, I would not get near the program. Who wants to deal with this?
you clearly don't follow much college football do you? What is posted here is child play to things fans from big schools say. Alabama lost to a good Ole Miss team and their fans nearly lost it. Don't see them struggling for recruits....If any recruit determines where he's going to school based on a teams fan message board, then the recruiting coach isn't doing their job. It's on them and the school to sell themselves, not the fans.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The Boneyard would turn off a recruit but not the performances the last few weeks. Got it.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I strongly support Diaco. If he has the same results in year 3 I may change my mind. I think he will pull this together as part of a longer plan. Takes a lot of patience to coach a losing program that is in a deep hole.

I don't support most of the views posted on this panic stricken board. If I were a potential recruit and read some of the comments on this board, I would not get near the program. Who wants to deal with this?
Because you could be the savior??
:)

Reaction Score
It's amazing how you guys believe that one guy, who is not even PLAYING the game but installing a new culture and new system, who has virtually nothing to work with, can make us a BCS Bowl contender in one year. FDNY is right. The O-line is non existent. But they are all Freshmen and Sophomores - 18/19 year olds with limited training and coaching going up against grown 23/24 year old MEN. P never stressed conditioning and strength!!! Where did you think it was going to come from?

We are among the worst teams in college football NOW! Patience! Let's get the system installed and Diaco's own players in before you slit your wrists. (Or you could do it now, avoid the rush, and we won't have to listen to your sky is falling drivel.)
Like a broken record, the classic defense of a new HC reverts to "he needs his own guys". Go back and look at the Yard with PP and the same arguments were raised. I could buy the argument but when you see no improvement then that doesn't hold water. Right now Diaco is failing big time. Sucks but true.

Reaction Score
A different coach might take a different approach, installing read option or something kooky that would give us a slightly better record. But it's only one, maaaaaybe two additional wins if we're lucky. If we're unlucky the defense would be worse. The fanbase would still be unhappy either way.

Well, so instead of 1 & 5, we're 3 & 3 breathing respectability into the air instead of letting the air out of Husky Nation. The read option with Fox and Boyle, benching Whitmer would have satisfied many that there was hope each week, given the ECU/ UCF games as losses no matter what.....
The lack of creativity and the fitting of an offense to the personnel you have currently along with a poor assessment in January timeframe that 3-5 JUCO's were needed could have moved us to a respectable conclusion in the recruiting war, restored faith in the fanbase and kept the program afloat in the eyes of the nation. My season of disappointment starts with the above.......

I will no longer drink the Kool-Aid.

Reaction Score
Waquoit said:
Warde failed by not hiring whoever the year before.

We would just be having the exact same conversation 12 months ago.

Reaction Score
Like a broken record, the classic defense of a new HC reverts to "he needs his own guys". Go back and look at the Yard with PP and the same arguments were raised. I could buy the argument but when you see no improvement then that doesn't hold water. Right now Diaco is failing big time. Sucks but true.

Ok, but then there's plenty of examples of teams that were awful in a coaches first year, that then did get better in ensuing seasons. Just because people were right about killing PP in his first year doesn't mean they are right about Diaco, especially considering its not even about getting his own guys, but getting talent, unlike PP when we did have talent returning.

Reaction Score
Addazio has BC turned around and Whipple has Umass scoring BIG. WHAT'S funny is that we hired PP instead of Addazio and Diaco instead of Whipple... Smh
No, we hired PP instead of Whipple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69