This season was a success! We are Final Four bound. | The Boneyard

This season was a success! We are Final Four bound.

Reaction Score
No matter what happens next game or two, I'm calling this season (35-3) a success (duh!).
  • Saatva Empire Classic Champs (Indiana/Texas)
  • Jimmy V Classic Champs (NC)
  • Continental Tire Seattle Tip-Off Champs (Zags)
  • Big East Regular Season Champs
  • Big East Champions
  • Number One Overall Tournament Seed
  • NCAA Mens Tournament Eastern Conference Champs
  • Final Four Bound
The only word to add would be 'Total', which comes with the Natty.

Just saying the 2023-2024 roses already smell so sweet, the National Title will just be the treasured vase!

Congrats UConn Huskies and thanks for making 'March Great Again'!

uconn-6608e8f47083b.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I really think this is an important post. We’re 10-1 in Final Four games. That number is astounding. Most of the time, teams that get to the Final Four don’t win national championships. I desperately want no. 6, and the matchup next Saturday will be favorable, but if we were to fall short I hope that doesn’t cause everyone to turn on this team. They have had a great year.

That having been said, just make some 3s and we should be fine.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I disagree. It is vitally important that we win the whole thing again. It keeps us in the news cycle, strengthens our position as far as a potential ACC or Big 12 invite in the near future, and it also helps with applications (which helps us in USNWR). I said the same thing as last year when we got to this point: this is a must win tournament at this point.
There is also a possibility that Duke takes it if we don't, and that would be a disaster.

Reaction Score
I disagree. It is vitally important that we win the whole thing again. It keeps us in the news cycle, strengthens our position as far as a potential ACC or Big 12 invite in the near future, and it also helps with applications (which helps us in USNWR). I said the same thing as last year when we got to this point: this is a must win tournament at this point.
There is also a possibility that Duke takes it if we don't, and tno that would be a disaster.
Please, please stop this! It is beyond tunnel vision. It is total blindness. The spotlight DH and the guys have trained on UConn basketball these past two years will not be snuffed out by a single FF loss. As one of the pundits said last night, the name "UConn" is now the quality brand in college basketball, associated with a level of commitment no other program compares to. A funny thing has happened in our quest to become a "blue blood." We have leap-frogged the term and become royalty.

Reaction Score
Yes. Because 5 out of 24 championships has done so much for us with respect to conference realignment, but if we just make it 6 of 25 ….

You sound like the spouse saying “yes, I have forgiven my spouse from cheating on me 5 times, but if I just forgive him/her once more everything will be different.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There is also a possibility that Duke takes it if we don't, and that would be a disaster.
Nobody wants to go to the ACC. It’s 5 years from being the American Athletic 2.0

Poe

Reaction Score
Honestly, I would be a bit disappointed if we don’t win it now. This team has set its own bar really high with their performance and seems destined to win. Unfortunately, this team would be viewed as chokers if they don’t win it and would be grouped in with the 99 Duke team, yuck.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Honestly, I would be a bit disappointed if we don’t win it now. This team has set its own bar really high with their performance and seems destined to win. Unfortunately, this team would be viewed as chokers if they don’t win it and would be grouped in with the 99 Duke team, yuck.
Exactly. Especially if Purdue falls before the title game. We have to win the title. It would be more relief than celebration for me. With the changing winds of college athletics, every national title is huge.

Reaction Score
Massive shout out to Iowa State. If they don’t manhandle Houston, we don’t get the #1 overall seed in tournement. That would be an annoying and unjust omission from a complete season sweep… the ultimate “treble”…

(IF we take care of business ;))

Yeah cyclones!!!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
lol just stop with the Conference stuff. It’s not happening, it’s never happening , and I’m so glad for it. If the last 2 years don’t tell you that we are EXACTLY where we belong as an Athletics program, I fear you will never get it.

Reaction Score
The defense that I saw yesterday was unbelievable. Every player bought into what Hurley preaches on defense. We treat every defensive possession like life and death. Our offense flows from it and I shudder to think what happens when 3’s start to fall. I don’t see Bama getting as many open looks. Does Clingan have an advantage on their center? Because yesterday it was amazing.

Reaction Score
Is the OP kidding? It's Title #6 or Bust. We're the Favorite. We have more talent. DH has been preaching this mindset all year. A loss now will stain the entire season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom