This season isn't over yet. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This season isn't over yet.

Reaction Score
Yes and despite the outcome last night, we need everyone on the Yard and all that are in our tailgate group, friends, neighbors etc. to make a good showing at FIU and show that we support this team and we are behind them. There should be no other option.

This isn't how getting fans works when you don't have a stable fanbase. The team has to earn the butts in those seats, whether we like it or not.

FIU is going to be a very low-attendance game, and this team has earned that for themselves by embarrassing themselves on the field.

Reaction Score
If we don't get to 5 wins, this Program is in trouble. There is nothing but financial difficulties for most state schools going forward. The football team is supposed to be the money maker. Throw in no conference affiliation and money. If you don't want the Trustees to have to make a tough decision, this has to change quickly.

Athletics is a drop in the bucket of UConn's budget, and any state schools budget. Sports are not a "money maker"... they entice kids to go to the school and pay tuition (the real money maker).

UConn total budget: 1.6 billion (+ 1.5 billion for UConn Health)
UConn athletic budget: 83 million

Penn State Budget: 9.5 billion
Penn State athletic budget: 171 million

You get the idea.

Reaction Score
I can actually get behind most of OP's predictions, and I'm pretty down on the team/offensive staff after this weekend as well. Utah State is the one that makes me worried though. They had a similar week one result that we did, losing 24-14 @Iowa (who is good but perennially overrated) whereas we lost at home to a comparable NC State. The difference is Week 2. We got blown out on the road to a G5 opponent and they bounced back and then some, hanging 78 on FCS-level Idaho State. They're going to be the future opponent to watch over the next two weeks.

Reaction Score
Roberson showed that he can get some things done. I'm looking forward to see what he can do with a full week's practice with the 1's and a whole game to make plays. The GS loss was disheartening, but Mora also showed us last year he can make adjustment throughout the year and get things done. I'm still pumped for the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
Athletics is a drop in the bucket of UConn's budget, and any state schools budget. Sports are not a "money maker"... they entice kids to go to the school and pay tuition (the real money maker).

UConn total budget: 1.6 billion (+ 1.5 billion for UConn Health)
UConn athletic budget: 83 million

Penn State Budget: 9.5 billion
Penn State athletic budget: 171 million

You get the idea.
How much revenue did the UCONN AD report last year? How much did the PSU AD report? There lies the difference because as much as PSU spent on athletics, you have to understand where the expenditures come from and whether or not the school has to subsidize athletics from the general fund (or worse, from State tax dollar contributions as has happened at UCONN previously). Many of the P5 schools AD departments run enough of a surplus to contribute excess revenue into their school’s general funds.

AD revenues are more than just the sum of their conference payouts annually. They include merchandising, media, ticket sales, concession sales etc. as well as athletic donations from alumni and others. In the case of many schools, the annual athletic donations are huge, even at small schools like Clemson with its IPTAY program (as an example).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes and despite the outcome last night, we need everyone on the Yard and all that are in our tailgate group, friends, neighbors etc. to make a good showing at FIU and show that we support this team and we are behind them. There should be no other option.
My guess less than 12,000 show up for the FIU game. We need just to win. A loss would be devastating to the program. Need to win the game to end up 6-6 for the year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom