This season isn't over yet. | The Boneyard

This season isn't over yet.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
If this were Edsall coaching the team, I wouldn't be making this post. However, Mora has proven he can be successful in his short stint here. I (fortunately) wasn't able to watch the game last night but from what I heard there was very little motivation in the camp. I think that will change this week.

No disrespect to Georgia State, but we should never be losing to them or just about anybody else in the Sun Belt (bar Marshall, CCU, or App State), MAC, or CUSA.

We have ten games left and at least eight are games we should have a chance. Remember, we are 5-2 at home under Mora with the two losses being Syracuse and NC State. We are undefeated against G5/FCS competition at home under him. That needs to and I believe will continue.

We have to beat FIU, and I think we will. W
I think we will play Duke competitively and lose (similar to the NC State game). L
Utah State is a must win, and I think we do have a better team than last year and are at home so I think we win this one. W
Rice looks to be better than we thought and it is a road game so I think we drop this one. L
USF is not very good and we get them at home. I think we get it done. W
BC is terrible this year, and we should be better even though it is a road game. W
It doesn't take a genius to figure out Tennessee waxes us. L
James Madison on the road is going to be tough. L
Sacred Heart at home is tricky but we get it done. W
UMass is worse than us again this year and we squeak it out. W

That leaves us at 6-6. This is doable. Let's get it done.

Reaction Score
If this were Edsall coaching the team, I wouldn't be making this post. However, Mora has proven he can be successful in his short stint here. I (fortunately) wasn't able to watch the game last night but from what I heard there was very little motivation in the camp. I think that will change this week.

No disrespect to Georgia State, but we should never be losing to them or just about anybody else in the Sun Belt (bar Marshall, CCU, or App State), MAC, or CUSA.

We have ten games left and at least eight are games we should have a chance. Remember, we are 5-2 at home under Mora with the two losses being Syracuse and NC State. We are undefeated against G5/FCS competition at home under him. That needs to and I believe will continue.

I think we will play Duke competitively and lose (similar to the NC State game). L
Utah State is a must win, and I think we do have a better team than last year and are at home so I think we win this one. W
Rice looks to be better than we thought and it is a road game so I think we drop this one. L
BC is terrible this year, and we should be better even though it is a road game. W

God bless you Shizzle.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I like Roberson.

But I feel like I have seen this movie before.
This isn't Edsall 2.0 or Diaco. We also lost a head scratcher to Ball State last year too. We will get better.

Reaction Score
This isn't Edsall 2.0 or Diaco. We also lost a head scratcher to Ball State last year too. We will get better.

This loss felt different. I really think we got exposed. We usually only got blown out by Too 25 teams.

It was like the NC State game last season only against a much worse opponent.

Reaction Score

Got to keep fighting. Appreciate the mentality.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
This loss felt different. I really think we got exposed. We usually only got blown out by Too 25 teams.

It was like the NC State game last season only against a much worse opponent.
And it was all phases of the game. It wasn't just the offense...the defense and special teams stunk also.

They looked like a poorly coached team. That's what surprised me.

Reaction Score

Should still be a bowl eligible team. UCONN has one of the weakest schedules I have ever seen. They have a good head coach. No one thought they would be playing for a Natty

Reaction Score

UCONN is still a far cry from App State in Football competitiveness, and has been for a long while, but they give UCONN hope it can be done. BC on the road is a loss probably.

Reaction Score
UCONN is still a far cry from App State in Football competitiveness, and has been for a long while, but they give UCONN hope it can be done. BC on the road is a loss probably.
I don't know about that. BC is pretty awful

Reaction Score
You would think that everybody associated with the football team knows how crucial it is to play every game hard, fight, and to make a good showing every game for the rest of the season. The future of the football program depends on it. It’s not hyperbole.

If this team quits… I don’t know what to say… Shut the program down?

Reaction Score
You would think that everybody associated with the football team knows how crucial it is to play every game hard, fight, and to make a good showing every game for the rest of the season. The future of the football program depends on it. It’s not hyperbole.

Yes and despite the outcome last night, we need everyone on the Yard and all that are in our tailgate group, friends, neighbors etc. to make a good showing at FIU and show that we support this team and we are behind them. There should be no other option.

Reaction Score

There is something organically wrong with this team. Maybe it was the way that the QB deal unfolded! But one bad move by the coaching staff should not destroy a team but it appears it has. Not sure. When all aspects of the game fold up and go to hell there just has to be one cause. But what is it.

Reaction Score
If we don't get to 5 wins, this Program is in trouble. There is nothing but financial difficulties for most state schools going forward. The football team is supposed to be the money maker. Throw in no conference affiliation and money. If you don't want the Trustees to have to make a tough decision, this has to change quickly.

Reaction Score
Let's remember mora already has the track record. Maybe teams don't see us in the same way as last year so we are seeing better efforts from opponents

Reaction Score
Let's remember mora already has the track record. Maybe teams don't see us in the same way as last year so we are seeing better efforts from opponents
We basically got beat twice in a very similar manner. No adjustments made.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom