This Season Has No Freakin' Pulse | The Boneyard

This Season Has No Freakin' Pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hurricanes, snow storms, MAC and Big East offenses passing all over us, a coach with no clue how to turn things around, no QB solution, specials teams regression, conference realignment, DJ overkill and Trixie on the field... and on and on

Ok. Rant over. Go Dogs!

Reaction Score
Maryland is looking for fans.

On a serious note, the realignment stuff has really sapped the juice out of the season for me. It sickens me that we wont be in a conference with Pitt/su/wvu going forward.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It really has been a crappy season on so many levels. I feel bad for the seniors who hoped to go out strong and instead are mired in a bad season with a fanbase distracted by conference realignment crap.

I hope they close the year strong and salvage the season.

Reaction Score
I may be an Edsall apologista but I am Husky blue. Maryland has crabs. Just needed to rant.

Reaction Score
No, it hasn't, but we play three Saturday home games in the next 22 days. Now is the time to develope the pulse. We can still get to a bowl, and we can still have a winning conference record, but it has to start tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Take it out on the Fruit tomorrow - team & fans alike.

Reaction Score
Speak for yourself. There are still 300,000+ out there with no pulse in their houses 6 days later and no end in sight, and I can tell you first hand a 46 degree house is a frigging icebox. A lot of us are amped up beyond belief for this game, it's all we got to look forward to right now. I hope the players are amped up too. Maybe we can use the energy of that stadium to power up some lightbulbs and furnaces.

Reaction Score
For me not having even an average offense is killing the vibe.

Also we heard so much about Nebrich and to have JMac trotted out there every game is a little disheartning. It seems HCPP isn't even trying to develop Nebrich-is he really putting all his eggs in the Casey Cochran basket?

When there are doubts that your offense may not score a TD in any random game a 7-0 deficit seems hard to overcome.

Reaction Score
Skiblets,

I realize that you are an unapologetic apoligista and that you are just ranting, but Pasqualoni hasn't yet committed a crime that Edsall didn't in the 10+ years we had with him.

Secondly, regardless of the coach, alot of the meaning has been sucked out of these games simply because the conference has been blown to shreds. The continuity has been interrupted.

On the field this team has always given me the same vibe that I had in 2005 and 2006. It just isnt good enough and yes, sometimes things just don't work out.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The on field performances have (almost entirely) been disappointing but the lack of pulse is due to mother nature (pretty much as bookends from opening day until now) and realignment between the two.

There is enough of a season left (beginning today) to get somewhere this season. It would be far easier for me under the circumstances to merely blow this game off (personal issues, not storm related) but as we have won every home game this year that I've attended and lost both that I missed, I now believe that my presence is necessary (for the record, I'm watching the Cincy game at Bobby V's as we are undefeated this year when I watch road games there but winless when I watch them from home).

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I blame the 1800 character count for the downturn.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We do not have D1 QB's or WR's. We have 2 decent CB's, one of whom is hurt, and a freshman that may be a good starter in 2 years. We have a good power blocking line that is struggling mightily in a new system. The DL and linebackers are doing pretty well.

My only complain with Pasqualoni is that the players are not playing harder and don't seem to be having much fun. Watch other teams and watch our team. UConn has all the energy of a calc mid-term. Scratch that, because in a calc mid-term there is a healthy dose of fear and nervous energy in the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom