Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If we win our next two home games

and

Pitt and WV each lose three conference games

and

Cincy loses one game in November

Then

The December 3 game in Cincinnati will be for the conference title. UCONN in the conference championship game on Dec 3.

Crazy and possible

Reaction Score
My question is this..

Say West Va and Pitt each finish 4-3 (possible) and UConn finishes 5-2 (also possible)

..would we win a potential 3 way tiebreaker with Louisville and Cinci?

Reaction Score
My question is this..

Say West Va and Pitt each finish 4-3 (possible) and UConn finishes 5-2 (also possible)

..would we win a potential 3 way tiebreaker with Louisville and Cinci?

Yes because if we are 5-2 we would have beaten both teams.

Root for Cincy tonight against Pitt, then WV, Pitt and Cincy just need to lose one game each for this scenerio to play out, assuming we win our next two. The unexpected Louisville win today has given us a shot.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It appears that the conference is coming back to us.

One game at a time. We need to beat UL when they visit.

Reaction Score
Just win Baby, let the rest work itself out. I would be happy with any bowl after how we have looked at times this year. That Pitt game took the wind out of my sail for the first time ever as a UConn fan. I just couldn't believe what looked like a lack of effort. Hope this team brings the same type of intensity to the next home game. Louisville is no offensive Juggernaut that's for sure.

Reaction Score
Amazing what a team can accomplish with an offense that can actually put the ball in the end zone.

Reaction Score
Here's the deal. I know it's thinking far ahead, I know we're just trying to get in a bowl, but the BE title is up for grabs so I'm going to lay it out anyway for fun. Counting tonight's game, we need..

-Pitt to lose twice
-Cinci to lose once before they play us
-West Virginia to lose once

Pitt and Cinci still have to play, West Va and Pitt still have to play, West Va and Cinci still have to play. If they each win one and lose one, then UConn just needs Pitt to lose one more (at Louisville next Sat is likely)

Even if Pitt-Cinci-WV don't split all those games, the league is so balanced that there's a good chance some other team will hand them that loss.

As crazy as it sounds, I would give UConn pretty high odds of winning the league if they made it to 5-2. Obviously the hard part is us getting the wins, not everybody else losing.

Glad to have next week off so some more chips can fall, and our stock can't get hurt. If we get to 4-2 heading into Cinci it would be awesome to just play in another effective league title game to close the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom