This quote killed me... | The Boneyard

This quote killed me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
further proof the BB and FB schools just don't get it.
The BB schools don't understand the money needed to run a competitive program.
Their view is through a BB lens only (as it should be).

But that schism is hard to gap...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Right. They are upset with UConn and Cincy WHO ARE STILL IN THE LEAGUE.

How about venting about all the schools that left?

The BB schools have their heads up their ass.
I think they know we're in the league in name only.

Reaction Score
and that quote begat the lies. exactly what did uconn do publically after louisville announced it was off to the acc?

the next day, herbst and manuel put out bland statements which said nothing about the acc, and which pretty much said nothing at all.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=bigeast&id=39868&wjb

it was cincy (and louisville) who were publically asking for an acc invite,
and then the cincy backstory and emails came out.

that quote re uconn is a lie. it is yellow journalism. uconn has been silent in this.

now, the same author, espn, writes that uconn and south florida heavily lobbied to get into the acc. not cincy. huh? there is no source for thst.

i'm still waiting for anyone to come up with a cite to a public quote by uconn mentioning the acc since md left. and i'm still waiting for anyone to come up with a sourced quote that uconn lobbied the acc.

http://m.espn.go.com/extra/ncaa/story?storyId=8742607&wjb

Reaction Score
How about this quote?

"I know this may seem like a tough moment for our fans, but we need to focus on the fundamentals of academic success across the university and in our athletic program as well," Herbst said in a statement when Louisville, and not UConn, was selected by the ACC last month.
"Again, I realize this is a difficult day...",

I would say this illustrates Uconn's disappointment in not being selected to the ACC. She did not need to say "ACC" its blatantly obvious what she is referring to based on the question.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
They sure seemed happy enough to take a cut of UConn's NCAA credits for twenty years and the revenue of packing the place when the men came to town and getting their only crowd of over 200 when the women came to town.

Reaction Score
It was funny the first time, now you're being a dick.

Reaction Score
How about this quote?

"I know this may seem like a tough moment for our fans, but we need to focus on the fundamentals of academic success across the university and in our athletic program as well," Herbst said in a statement when Louisville, and not UConn, was selected by the ACC last month.
"Again, I realize this is a difficult day...",

I would say this illustrates Uconn's disappointment in not being selected to the ACC. She did not need to say "ACC" its blatantly obvious what she is referring to based on the question.

EXACTLY. The President basically acknowledged the fact that the Husky fanbase was let down by not getting the invite. Was she supposed to pretend that UConn fans weren't upset? That would have come off as delusional.

Reaction Score
she wrote "may seem" like a disappointment. that changes completely the sentence. and that statement wasn't given in an interview, it was released by uconn. the author of the article added the acc part.

again, read it in context of "may seem".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom