This Poll Closes 10 Minutes Prior To The Baylor Game Tonight | The Boneyard

This Poll Closes 10 Minutes Prior To The Baylor Game Tonight

Which do you think will better prepare the team for winning the National Championship in April?

• Losing the Baylor game tonight

Votes: 25 38.5%
  • Winning the Baylor game tonight

Votes: 40 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Our chances for winning the National Championship in April will be enhanced by winning or losing tonight against Baylor?

(BTW, 'it doesn't matter one way or the other' is intentionally not one of the choices.)

EDIT: The results. Here's what we think.

1578615722748.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Our chances for winning the National Championship in April will be enhanced by winning or losing tonight against Baylor?

(BTW, it doesn't matter one way or the other is intentionally not one of the choices.)
This is ridiculous !!!

Reaction Score
When I read the question, I thought the choices were going to be
Geno
Kim
Tara
Dawn
Kelly

Reaction Score

(BTW, 'it doesn't matter one way or the other' is intentionally not one of the choices.)

Neither.

Reaction Score
Holding the NC championship trophy aloft at the end of the year will be proof we were ready. If we're not holding it, we weren't ready.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Win two out of three against Baylor, Oregon and So Carolina and UConn has a #1 Seed for the Tournament. Lose two out of three and possibly a #2 seed and who knows where they are sent to. UConn would have to win the game against the Lady Vols to get a #1 Seed.

Baylor will go undefeated in the B12 #1 Seed

Looking like So Carolina will win the SEC. Could go undefeated, but might end up with one loss.

Don't know what's going to happen in the PAC 12. Predict Oregon and Oregon St will split their two games and both MIGHT end up with one conference loss. Worse case one of them might have two losses, losing a game to Stanford. However, with that said there are enough good teams that both Oregon and Oregon St could (unlikely) end up with two or more losses if they have off nights.

Don't see the ACC getting a #1 Seed, unless NC State runs the table and is undefeated at Selection time.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm going to flip the script here. My take is you remember and are more influenced by a loss than a win, here's why. If you win a big game like tonight, you tend to relax just a bit because you just beat an "elite" top 5 team, and you figure you can do it again when the time comes. Also, THAT game is not going to stay with you. It's one of many wins this year. You're looking forward, not backward.

A loss does just the opposite. You don't forget a loss of this nature. You're going to work twice as hard to fix the things you did or didn't do so that you CAN win next time. You're not going to take THAT team for granted as you may have had you beat them.

I'm not saying this was the case, but it may have been: How concerned do you think Notre Dame was in 2013 when they beat UConn 3 times going in to the final weekend of the tournament? Do you think they were as concerned as they would have been had they lost those 3 games? :eek: Who do you think prepared harder for that final game? Them or us? We all know what happened that 4th and final time they played for the national championship. ;)

A win tonight will boost their morale and ego (it will also warm the hearts of UConn Nation). It will let the world know that THIS UConn team is good, and must be taken seriously (and deserves their #1 ranking), now and come March. Let me be clear................I'm hoping for a resounding UConn victory tonight!!! A loss will humble them, drop them in the rankings (not they they care about that), let them know they're not not invincible, and they're not were they need or want to be right now. Win or lose, this game will show them the type of teams they will see in the tournament after the 3rd game.

I know there will be some that won't agree, and that's fine. :) What kind of debate forum would this be if we all agreed all the time? :eek:

Last edited:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I think this game is more important to Baylor than to UConn.

Baylor took a hit earlier and they need to reassert themselves as the favorite to win the national championship.

UConn is not expected to be sitting at #1.

Reaction Score
When I read the question, I thought the choices were going to be
Geno
Kim
Tara
Dawn
Kelly
No respect for Scott? I personally think that Oregon St is as bad a matchup for Uconn as Baylor is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom