This one hurts | The Boneyard

This one hurts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Quick thoughts I can't stay on this board too painful:

We need someone to draw up inbounds plays, during the game and at the end of the game. We sued to score out of TO's when JC coached - KO he's not that far away. You need help we are awful out of TO's

Sterling I am behind you but you had to lick that ball out to an open Purvis or Adams can not take that leaner no elevation. Why was Jalen not getting the ball the only guy who proved to take his man?

Rodeny - start looking at the basket when you are approaching it you need to finish more often this is ridiculous how many lay ups hit nothing.

DHam, please get out of this slump it's as painful to watch as it is I am sure on your mind.

Shonn - thanks for the effort he played his butt off down the stretch but we didn't get him any looks KO?

When we take the air out of the ball we suck. Lost possessions, no shots, crappy shots and awful offense. Stay aggressive until you have a good enough lead to think foul line. They have proven time and time again when they bring the clock to single digits and someone is still dribbling we aren't getting a good shot.

AWFUL loss, sat on 55 points forever and TO's did nothing. Staff and players alike can all take the blame at yet another one slipping away. This makes it harder and harder when they East Carolina, Houston etc etc.. Going to leave no room for error and this team isn't good enough for that.

Reaction Score
Woke up at 5am, still feel like a train hit me. Some of the symptoms of "day after bad loss are":

Do not want to watch Sportcenter (no big loss anyway)

Do not really want to read the Hartford Courant to see if there are ridiculous quotes from KO or any players

Do not want to meet my sales guy to make "kissing baby" calls today for his sake there better be some new stuff or I'm biting his head off

Do not want to hit the treadmill (any excuse lol)

Do not want anyone calling me on UConn basketball the next day as usual as I really don't want to talk about it

Do want to blow off my guy after munch and begin Happy 6 Hours!

Reaction Score
If we had lost without them calling that and 1 for Clark at the end, I'd be fine. We kind of stink at times this year, so I don't let losses get me down that much, but its just unnerving when the refs take over the game like that.

I'm sorry but 20 seconds left, 2 point game, a guy gets his shot off without any restriction 3ft from the hoop... let him tie the game, don't GIVE him the chance to win it.

At the end of the day yes, we missed tons of shots, threw the ball away, etc. but so did they. If they're going to call a touch foul as a guy shoots a 3ft shot with 15 seconds left, they have to call one on the 2 guys that restrict a guy on the other end, even if its the end of the game. If they don't call the foul for Clark, I'm fine with them not calling it for Shonn, but I can't deal with this type of a game end

I need Ollie to start getting on the refs. They weren't heroically bad to us throughout the game, but there were a handful of calls and no calls that got to me, the one where Debarry was lumbering down the court and chose to not stop and instead run over Miller, right in front of a refs face, to no call was a good one

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I understand 100%. Luckily I am retired and don't have to bring this to work. My loss hangover starts when I go to bed after the game. Woke up this morning looked at my dogs and said "wtf". They understood, we went out side. I never seen a team lose a lead so fast as this team. I am serious, a lead is erased inside of 1 minute. Shot clocks and turnovers a recipe for disaster. I read in another post where Adams was yelling at Purvis to help Gibbs. Adams has no fear of taking it to the hoop and is yelling at players? A freshman? He has his freshman mistakes but counters it with good plays and 100% hustle all game. He is going to be real special.
Imo opinion Miller looks good. If he gets rid of those five foot front rim clunkers he will score additional 6 points. DHam with a drive to the basket, 4 feet away and floats the ball toward the basket. Air ball. Are you kidding me? Anyway, this loss hurts. We needed it. Not sure how to calculate what we need to do. I will leave that who follow the stats. What a way to start the day.

Hope you have a good day Mau. lol

Reaction Score

We need someone to draw up inbounds plays, during the game and at the end of the game. We sued to score out of TO's when JC coached - KO he's not that far away. You need help we are awful out of TO's

Sterling I am behind you but you had to lick that ball out to an open Purvis or Adams can not take that leaner no elevation. Why was Jalen not getting the ball the only guy who proved to take his man?

Rodeny - start looking at the basket when you are approaching it you need to finish more often this is ridiculous how many lay ups hit nothing.

DHam, please get out of this slump it's as painful to watch as it is I am sure on your mind.

Shonn - thanks for the effort he played his butt off down the stretch but we didn't get him any looks KO?

When we take the air out of the ball we suck. Lost possessions, no shots, crappy shots and awful offense. Stay aggressive until you have a good enough lead to think foul line. They have proven time and time again when they bring the clock to single digits and someone is still dribbling we aren't getting a good shot.

AWFUL loss, sat on 55 points forever and TO's did nothing. Staff and players alike can all take the blame at yet another one slipping away. This makes it harder and harder when they East Carolina, Houston etc etc.. Going to leave no room for error and this team isn't good enough for that.

This loss is hard to understand. The Defense played out of their minds in the end. I was watching with my bud and we both wondered why we didn't get Miller the ball in the last few minutes, he may not always be our best option in crunch time, but he was last night, IMO.

.The lack of any apparent set plays after Time outs, or especially inbounding the ball is really hard to understand. You're right about JCs teams scoring off of these situations, usually got a good shot at the very least, so I'm not sure what to think. I seriously doubt KO just isn't drawing something up during a TO and they must practice something for inbounding situations.

Reaction Score
Geezus I just proofread my OP - this damn iMac changes words like mad. Guess I need to figure out how to change that huh :

"sued" should have been used

"lick" was kick

Reaction Score
Geezus I just proofread my OP - this damn iMac changes words like mad. Guess I need to figure out how to change that huh :

"sued" should have been used

"lick" was kick
Wait lick was supposed to be kick? Oh boy, that changes this whole post. I thought it meant something completely different....:)

Reaction Score
Our losses are very magnified in the situation that we are in unfortunately. There are plenty of teams losing close games and some not so close where they just turn the page and move on in their P5 conference. I think both teams last night have enough talent to be in the tourney but every game gets turned into some kind of death match, even a 1 point loss leaves us all devastated.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

This is just it. Bazz was able to save us in those situations but he is not on this team. This team needs to stay aggressive with ball movement and not wait till the end of the shot clock especially when nursing a 2 or 4 point lead with several minutes to play.

Sure could have used him in those situations last night.

12646627_957168417696311_7503197887834868506_o.jpg

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It's hard when you're playing 4 on 5. Facey and Nolan are complete non-factors offensively at the 5. So we can't dump it down low to Miller, because he gets doubled most of the time and Nolan/Facey can't finish if he then dumps it off to them when doubled. Nolan got stuffed twice when he was two feet from the basket and had nobody in the way; that's awful. Getting Brimah back is going to help so much on the offensive end; just wait and see how things open up.

Reaction Score
It's hard when you're playing 4 on 5. Facey and Nolan are complete non-factors offensively at the 5. So we can't dump it down low to Miller, because he gets doubled most of the time and Nolan/Facey can't finish if he then dumps it off to them when doubled. Nolan got stuffed twice when he was two feet from the basket and had nobody in the way; that's awful. Getting Brimah back is going to help so much on the offensive end; just wait and see how things open up.

It's so true, I 'like' Nolan, he brings very solid defense some of the time, but man the guy has a superhuman ability to find a way to miss a point blank shot. Whether he gets stuffed despite being 6'10", simply loses the ball out of his fingers, or straight up misses, he's got a swiss army knife of methods

Reaction Score

Agree with much of what you said. First 6 minutes of the game were pretty abysmal then there was a stretch in the second half where I believe we made something like 9 straight fg's? Sterling had three 3's and Rodney had one during this stretch, which speaks to the both the upside and downside of our guys.

Hard not to believe in the talent this team possesses, but too many boneheaded turnovers. I don't want to put too much on Jalen as he is a stud in the making, but up 4 with the ball and about 60-70 seconds to play is a situation we would want to be in most nights. Can't make careless plays in this situation.

Reaction Score
What a crappy start for a new day. Need to get over the " game. Ok! Donyell sun is out, 40° , get the mutt and go for a very long walk and get over it if you can. This one hurts but life goes on.

Reaction Score

This is what kills me. Even when we run our offense it takes most of the shot clock to get a good look, so why not continue playing our normal game? Taking the air out guarantees terrible shots and shot clock violations, and it kept Cincinnati in the game last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom