This needed its own thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This needed its own thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Uconn has rarely gotten blue chip recruits like Castle etc. Doesn't matter, they still get the rings.

Reaction Score
I couldn’t agree more, on both counts.
The club honestly kind of sucks with UCLA and especially if Indiana is added.

UConn is the best program. UNC, Duke, Kentucky, and Kansas are great. Nova should be next but they're all of a sudden a disaster because of their own decision to hire and keep Neptune.

Reaction Score
Technically being ranked number 1 from May to November is longer than December to April

Reaction Score
They hang their hat on 0-4 because they have no other ammo.

Thing is 2 of those games I'm certain they hardly remember and/or they were in diapers for, mid 90s games, 30 years ago now. 4 losses spread across 3 different decades, 3 different coaches. It doesn't matter. If it's something like uconn beating BC something like 24 straight times that's true dominance otherwise WGAF.

Reaction Score

No, this didn’t need its own thread.
Obviously a lame trolling fool. When you are as great as UConn you’re gonna be bombarded with this crap. It’s actually a compliment and admission we’re better than them. Number 1 always has a huge target on them.
Just glad our team and coaches aren’t as insecure as some of the fan base.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
6-4

And none of our titles came during the Truman (or Reagan) Presidencies

They're old news. We're the college basketball capital of the universe

Remember when Cuse & Hoya & Redmen & Nova fans began to hate us when we took over the Big East. Now we kicked to door down on those silly "Blue Blood" programs on the national level. They're old news

Wear their hate like a badge of honor

Reaction Score
There has to be a name for this phenomenon:
The Cowboys haven't won a ring in 30 years: fans use auxiliary arguments like "yeah, but America's team baby" or Yankees fans who haven't had anything to celebrate in 15 years "27 rings". Wait, did you really just bring up lou gehrig???

The truth of this is like the mother of the criminal: "he's a good boy"
I bet. the only one buying your nonsense is YOU.
The most Super Bowl wins is 6 with the Pats and the Steelers tied with 6 each, but I like pointing out to people that there isn’t any team even close to the Green Bay Packers in the number of Super Bowl (4) wins plus 5 NFL Championships just prior to the start of the Super Bowl during the Lombardi years.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We are not a blueblood, get used to it. A blueblood is a program that has fewer championships than us in the last 50 years. If they want to own that title, let them.

Kansas is about to find out how deep pocketed the former SWC NIL donors are and Kentucky is entering its second Josh Paster era while polishing their Helms trophies. I'm more worried about UNC's resurgence and I'm not that worried about that.

What I'm really worried about is losing all the proven winners from the last two seasons and relying on guy who only saw mop up duty and some bandwagon transfer kids. Hurley's program is no longer under the radar. It took until the S16 of the second back to back run before everyone finally agreed UConn was head, shoulders and nipples above the rest of the field. Now the job to maintain gets a lot harder.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

So two years ago, in the aftermath of a very disappointing loss to New Mexico State, we UConn fans had to decide who we wanted less to lose the National Championship game:

Did we want Kansas to lose so that they would not catch up to UConn with 4 NCs, or did we want UNC to lose, so that they would not broaden their lead in championships AND add another Head Coach to their list of winners.

The Kansas comeback made for a great Championship game; KU tied UConn w/4 titles; UNC remained at 3 coaches with NCs; and Self joined the list of coaches with multiple NCs. These were all things looked at & measured through the lens of a UConn fan's self-interest.

And what has happened since then?

In the very next two years after Kansas last won a National Championship...

UConn jumped from having been tied at 4 by KU, to equaling Duke at 5, and then jumping Duke to tie with UNC at 6 NCs.

UConn joined KU,
& UNC in having 3 different coaches winning NCs, all of them now trailing only Kentucky which has won 8 NCs with 5 different coaches.

Dan Hurley has joined Bill Self as the only active coaches with multiple NCs.

UConn has joined UNC & Indiana as the only schools with multiple coaches with multiple titles.

And a KU fan is bragging that he lives rent-free in my head, while I have good feelings taking note of and sharing this information. Not bad.

Reaction Score
Blue blood is a funny debate. Because from my perspective there’s only two ways to view it -

1. 4+ national championships and be good from 2017-2020, or be Indiana

2. UConn is a blue blood because they’ve won 6

But to be honest… if it’s still a debate after these back to back titles, then that means that “Blue Blood” is not a list that can be added to. It just means “Blue Blood” is a list that was finalized when it was created and won’t add or remove teams. That’s fine too, and people will eventually understand it if UConn keeps getting “left out”

Reaction Score
They will be saying the same thing next off season after we win 3 straight

Reaction Score
Uconn has rarely gotten blue chip recruits like Castle etc. Doesn't matter, they still get the rings.
That's nothing to be cocky about. It is strange why UConn struggle to bring in blue chippers with ease.

Reaction Score
I'm like a little kid at Christmas, I want AK and McNeeley. I want I want I want....
You left off the fact that your parents are VERY RICH and will likely make you VERY HAPPY on Christmas morning

Reaction Score
By their definition if we don’t make the FF again they will declare us irrelevant .
So you see it’s an impossible situation
When you allow yourself to be defined by rivals.
I remember when
we were declared irrelevant in 2012,
by our rivals at the time
I can’t remember their names but I’m sure it was Kansas or Kentucky .
We’‘ve won 3 NC since during that period.
If we were indeed irrelevant in the lays 11 years. Than all I can say is bring on irrelevancy in the next 11.
Then it will be us chasing UCLA

Reaction Score
We are not a blueblood, get used to it.
I'm more worried about UNC's resurgence and I'm not that worried about that.

What I'm really worried about is losing all the proven winners from the last two seasons and relying on guy who only saw mop up duty and some bandwagon transfer kids.
Top high school recruits and portal kids do not treat us as a blueblood program. UNC is always a threat to have a resurgence.

But the real threat comes in your last statement. Yes, UConn has won back2back NCs. And, yes DH is one heck of a coach and UConn has put a lot of players in the NBA the last two seasons. But the question that needs to be examined is: "Is the UConn cupboard bare in the aftermath?"Most important need is always talent, superior talent. Need to see Huskies of '25, '26 . . . start landing talent.

Reaction Score
Top high school recruits and portal kids do not treat us as a blueblood program. UNC is always a threat to have a resurgence.

But the real threat comes in your last statement. Yes, UConn has won back2back NCs. And, yes DH is one heck of a coach and UConn has put a lot of players in the NBA the last two seasons. But the question that needs to be examined is: "Is the UConn cupboard bare in the aftermath?"Most important need is always talent, superior talent. Need to see Huskies of '25, '26 . . . start landing talent.
People asked this last year at this time when Sanogo, Hawkins and Jackson declared for the draft, Joey California graduated and Alleyne entered the portal. This is a casual fan take.

Reaction Score
The answer is "no."
So let's play a hypothetical game between UConn '24 and Uconn '25 as it stands right now:

Clingan/Sampson v Sampson/Reed
AK/Steward v Steward
Castle v Ross/Abraham
Newton v Diarra/Nowell
Spencer v Ball

So the talent level is not a concern here? Watch out Duke, Kansas, UNC . . .

Reaction Score
So the talent level is not a concern here? Watch out Duke, Kansas, UNC . . .
No one said they're going to stop recruiting. They have a recruit visiting tomorrow. Saying "the cupboard is bare" means there's no one. That's what Arkansas had when they literally had no current players. It's not UConn's situation.

Implying that the current roster members count for nothing is just insulting. And you're supposedly a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom