This list was fun to look at... | The Boneyard

This list was fun to look at...

Reaction Score
Found this on IG. Comments were fun. Everyone arguing about who's "elite" and who isn't. And one Kansas fan bragging that they beat UConn this season with their worst team in a decade. LoL
Screenshot_20240504_032329_Instagram.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm sure this list is ruffling some feathers down on Tobacco Road and in Horse Country

Reaction Score
Marquette belongs in the "Great" category. Winning both Big East titles in 2022-23 and being a #2 seed in the tournament for back to back years is a bit better than "Consistent" I would say lol.
I assume the list is based on history of more than 2 years, although there seems to be a lot of recency bias. 2 years with the same cast of characters and not advancing as far as a 2 seed should in either year sort of limits the tier they should be in. Program ranking should be over many different rosters at a school IMO

Reaction Score
I assume the list is based on history of more than 2 years, although there seems to be a lot of recency bias. 2 years with the same cast of characters and not advancing as far as a 2 seed should in either year sort of limits the tier they should be in. Program ranking should be over many different rosters at a school IMO
It's based on the last 4 years.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Look how far ND, Cuse, Pitt.,BC West Vir. have fallen in Basketball since they left the Big East.
It's not just the Big East. Is there a program that has gotten better after moving from their conference? I don't think so. Nebraska? Texas Tech? Missouri? Maryland? Miami?

We are likely the only one, but the move was basketball related - not football. They might get richer, but not more competitive.

Reaction Score
It's not just the Big East. Is there a program that has gotten better after moving from their conference? I don't think so. Nebraska? Texas Tech? Missouri? Maryland? Miami?

We are likely the only one, but the move was basketball related - not football. They might get richer, but not more competitive.
Houston might be the only one, and even then it's too early to say.

Reaction Score
Found this on IG. Comments were fun. Everyone arguing about who's "elite" and who isn't. And one Kansas fan bragging that they beat UConn this season with their worst team in a decade. LoL View attachment 100412
They keep saying that, like wgaf. I'll take two in a row, Kansas can have their December victory. Not even Seton Hall fans are that insufferable and they had a better win, creamed a healthy uconn by 15. Creighton too, brags a lot less with a larger win over a healthy uconn.

Reaction Score
Found this on IG. Comments were fun. Everyone arguing about who's "elite" and who isn't. And one Kansas fan bragging that they beat UConn this season with their worst team in a decade. LoL View attachment 100412

The Big 12 could've had the top 3 teams up there. But oh well.......

Reaction Score
They keep saying that, like wgaf. I'll take two in a row, Kansas can have their December victory. Not even Seton Hall fans are that insufferable and they had a better win, creamed a healthy uconn by 15. Creighton too, brags a lot less with a larger win over a healthy uconn.
The fuzziest logic in all fandom is the associative property of greatness.
Well, we beat the champs so we must be better than the champs. This would mean that every rightful champion must go undefeated, which never happens. Argument over.

Reaction Score
The fuzziest logic in all fandom is the associative property of greatness.
Well, we beat the champs so we must be better than the champs. This would mean that every rightful champion must go undefeated, which never happens. Argument over.

Um...that would be the transitive property. :) Also, I would throw out Creighton as a team that got better when it switched conferences.

Reaction Score
I hope to see dook tumble down that list as the years go on

Reaction Score
The categories are above the logos. The category UConn is in is appropriately named after the elite

Reaction Score
only game we lost all year when completely healthy was at Creighton when they shot lights out (15 3’s I believe).

Clingan got hurt in the beginning of 2nd half @ Seton Hall after having scored 14 with 7 boards in 14 minutes. We were down 5 at half and I suspect we find a way to win if Cling Kong plays 2nd half but who knows and it doesn’t really matter.

Reaction Score
Um...that would be the transitive property. :) Also, I would throw out Creighton as a team that got better when it switched conferences.
Yes. Correct and correct

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom