This just in... | The Boneyard

This just in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For the 22nd time,Rutgers will NOT win a share of the Big East title. And for the 142nd consecutive year, Rutgers will NOT win the National Championship in football...rumors that Rex Ryan and Gred Schiano met this weekend to compare championship rings could not be confirmed.

Reaction Score
For the 22nd time,Rutgers will NOT win a share of the Big East title. And for the 142nd consecutive year, Rutgers will NOT win the National Championship in football...rumors that Rex Ryan and Gred Schiano met this weekend to compare championship rings could not be confirmed.
Funny stuff. That is SERIOUS dust buildup in that trophy case.....

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
(Almost) nothing makes me happier than their continued lack of success.

Reaction Score
But..... their recruits have a lot of stars next to their name.

Reaction Score
I'm really enjoying the carnage on the RU Rivals board. I love even more that we caused it.

Reaction Score
I like stars! Stars are pretty! Unicorns, too. Although, these two things are actually real. A championship in football or hoop for RU? Pure fantasy.

Reaction Score
Guys just seemed flat," said junior wide receiver Mohamed Sanu, who caught nine passes for 133 yards. "It seemed like the same old Rutgers football team we always are and that catches up to you when it catches up to you."

Reaction Score
I'm really enjoying the carnage on the RU Rivals board. I love even more that we caused it.
Sometimes, beating a rival isn't good enough. Times like that call for a good old fashion "curb stomping". I forget who first used that term in regards to that game but props to him. Pounding them doesn't sound good enough. We "curb stomped" them and their chances at gaining a share of the Big East title. I wish P would have kept his foot on the gas pedal.

Reaction Score
but but but its the birthplace of college football and our players have more stars next to them, our Olineman got their asses kicked by Reyes, Trevardo Williams and company but just remember we have more stars lol.

Reaction Score
Did anyone hear the Bear Bryant reference made by Schiano? Their Scout site is just as upset, they really wanted a share of the BE, to be honest there are a few Rutgers posters that are okay, but even those guys hate all things Uconn. I hope we beat Cincy and go to the Pinstripe bowl.

Can you imagine if they end up in the Beef O Brady's bowl? That would be too funny.

Reaction Score

Is there a way they could put those stars in the trophy case? just so they could have something to dust off?

Reaction Score
Did anyone hear the Bear Bryant reference made by Schiano? Their Scout site is just as upset, they really wanted a share of the BE, to be honest there are a few Rutgers posters that are okay, but even those guys hate all things Uconn. I hope we beat Cincy and go to the Pinstripe bowl.

Can you imagine if they end up in the Beef O Brady's bowl? That would be too funny.

Not happening. The Pinstripe will take them over us. The only way Rutty doesn't go to the Pinstripe is if WVU goes to the BCS or is selected instead of the Irish for the Champs and Charlotte takes Rutty They are not falling to St. Petes, no way, no how.

Reaction Score
I like stars! Stars are pretty! Unicorns, too. Although, these two things are actually real. A championship in football or hoop for RU? Pure fantasy.

Speaking of Unicorns. You can find replicas of all of Rutgers' past championship trophies for sale on ebay right next to the Unicorn meat.

Reaction Score
Not happening. The Pinstripe will take them over us. The only way Rutty doesn't go to the Pinstripe is if WVU goes to the BCS or is selected instead of the Irish for the Champs and Charlotte takes Rutty They are not falling to St. Petes, no way, no how.

IMO I think that if Pitt loses to Cuse and if we beat Cincy, that would put us in a three way tie for 3rd in the standings with Ville going to the BCS, ND to the Champ and WVUto the Belk. Don't you think it's posssible for the Pinstripe to take the 3rd place team at that point?

I don't know if they are obligated to take the next team or not, but I can see that possiblity, of course everything has to fall in place for this to happen, again, I don't know what the BE bowl tie in obligations are, but I see this as a possibility.

Reaction Score
I think they will take an 8 win Rutgers over a 6 win UConn if those are their choices, regardless of the BE standings or head to head results. You are correct, they are not obligated to select teams by the order in the standings, they can take who ever they want (not sure if we have the "BC Rule" in our bowl selection criteria, unless it applies to taking ND over a team w/ 2 more wins than them).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom