This is why UConn is the best team in College Basketball today | The Boneyard

This is why UConn is the best team in College Basketball today

Reaction Score
Meh. We are the best imho because ive seen every one of the top teams and Uconn has been the most dominant considering the level of competition.

Reaction Score
I would agree except for Purdue. What they did to Gonzaga and Duke was also really impressive. Arguably more.
I stand corrected. How the heck did i forget that? Oh yeah, it Purdue. Lol! But seriously yeah they were more impressive than us and deserve to be #5. Would love to play them.

Reaction Score
Meh. We are the best imho because ive seen every one of the top teams and Uconn has been the most dominant considering the level of competition.
We certainly pass the eye test. And while we beat some tough teams on a neutral court, which is an excellent prognosticator for March, I would like to see us beat good teams on their home court. That would give me no doubt whatsoever that we are the best. Winning on the road, against good teams, is another great indicator of our toughness and how good we are.

Reaction Score
We certainly pass the eye test. And while we beat some tough teams on a neutral court, which is an excellent prognosticator for March, I would like to see us beat good teams on their home court. That would give me no doubt whatsoever that we are the best. Winning on the road, against good teams, is another great indicator of our toughness and how good we are.
Yeah but the same can be said of just about every team right now. There are questions they all need to answer. Im kind of looking at matchups at this point. For instance i saw Virginia play earlier and they arent a great shooting team they attack the basket relentlessly looking to score, dump off to a big or get fouled. Theyre very good defensively also. I think their lack of depth, 3 point shooting and lack of firepower on offense would be their undoing against us. Our size would give them big problems and Ajax, Hawk and Alleyne if they can stay out of foul trouble would give their guards a tough time and they simply would not be able to score enough to keep pace. I just see us matching up with teams very well. The one chink in the armor we may have is what Iowa st. was able to do and that was double team our guards leading to bad passes and turnovers. That is a real concern for me and needs to be corrected because we will see more of it.

Reaction Score
IMO.. Nice "report card" for the first semester of the season.. Would much rather have this post/discussion on Selection Sunday-March Madness.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why is everything a video now? Useless. Write a story.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom