This is what gives me hope about Hurley | The Boneyard

This is what gives me hope about Hurley

Reaction Score
“Inexcusable,” Hurley continued. “Obviously a terrible reflection of how I prepared this particular group for this particular game.”

If you want to develop players that take responsibility, set the example. Look in the mirror. Take the heat. This was a bad loss. Let's hope he comes out of the other side of this a bit smarter with a bit more focus.

Reaction Score
Agree. And that is what I was ranting about after the game on Wednesday...that Hurley did a bad job for that particular game and we can't blame that loss on "ollie's recruits". Hurley is still the man to bring us back to glory...he just had a bad game.

Reaction Score
“Inexcusable,” Hurley continued. “Obviously a terrible reflection of how I prepared this particular group for this particular game.”

If you want to develop players that take responsibility, set the example. Look in the mirror. Take the heat. This was a bad loss. Let's hope he comes out of the other side of this a bit smarter with a bit more focus.

LOL. If you want to hear a coach blame himself after a loss, fine. Go for it. And, to be fair, it's overall the best approach for a coach to take. But if you think for one second that Hurley actually blames himself for how they came apart, or should, I don't know what to say. He's trying to make lemonade out of lemons, but lemonade isn't the champagne we want. And both he and everyone else reasonable understands that what he's coaching is lemons.

Hopefully, next year we start adding grapes to the mix.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Be nice if the football coach was half as honest.

Reaction Score
Yes, props to hurley for owning it.
The only thing he needs to own is next year’s recruiting class. I do not hold him responsible for having to “coach up” this group. In all fairness he had nothing to work with before his front court went down. Am I the only one on this board that thinks that having an inside game drastically affects the quality of guard play? It’s a big deal.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Be nice if the football coach was half as honest.

No, what you want is for the football coach to be less honest....because he's very honest when he says his team stinks.

Reaction Score
No, what you want is for the football coach to be less honest....because he's very honest when he says his team stinks.

Lol!

Exactly right!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom