This Is UConn Country: Bob Diaco USF Post-Game Press Conference | The Boneyard

This Is UConn Country: Bob Diaco USF Post-Game Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Executive Summary: bla, bla blah, blah..didn't make enough plays..blah, blah..gotta get Arkeel the ball more...blah, blah...BS under duress...need to do better

Reaction Score
Executive Summary: bla, bla blah, blah..didn't make enough plays..blah, blah..gotta get Arkeel the ball more...blah, blah...BS under duress...need to do better

Lol - maybe he should have quit, fired the rest of the staff, and kicked all of the players off the team.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
It's not Johnson - he had 6 carries last night. Sherriffs was credited w/ 15 (same as AK).

YTD Newsome has 87. Johnson 56. Sherriffs credited w/ 117!!
Sacks.... count those as carries.

Reaction Score
It's not Johnson - he had 6 carries last night. Sherriffs was credited w/ 15 (same as AK).

YTD Newsome has 87. Johnson 56. Sherriffs credited w/ 117!!
No question BS has far too many carries. I'm not a big fan of RJ, never have been. Although I think he's serviceable, he almost never hits the hole. He likes to bounce to the outside. What I'd like to see is RJ only seeing the field when AN needs a blow. No more giving him certain series or bringing him in on 3rd down. When Arkeel is ready to come back in, RJ comes out no matter where or when. Newsome needs to be on the field every offensive snap, because teams have to account for him as a threat. If that means taking him off of KR, so be it. Can he break a long run off on KR? Yes, but it doesn't happen often enough to make a huge difference. I'd rather he be utilized more in the offense, especially the passing game. I think he's proven himself as an every down back....on this team.

Reaction Score
Sacks.... count those as carries.
Understood - The problem is most times you can't easily determine if it was a designed QB run, a read option or happy feet/protection breakdown. Subtract the 20 statistical sacks YTD. He still has the most carries.

No question BS has far too many carries. I'm not a big fan of RJ, never have been. Although I think he's serviceable, he almost never hits the hole. He likes to bounce to the outside. What I'd like to see is RJ only seeing the field when AN needs a blow. No more giving him certain series or bringing him in on 3rd down. When Arkeel is ready to come back in, RJ comes out no matter where or when. Newsome needs to be on the field every offensive snap, because teams have to account for him as a threat. If that means taking him off of KR, so be it. Can he break a long run off on KR? Yes, but it doesn't happen often enough to make a huge difference. I'd rather he be utilized more in the offense, especially the passing game. I think he's proven himself as an every down back....on this team.

I hear ya... He's tied for third in receptions w/ TD behind NT/HM.

Reaction Score
I'm done with this clown. Even with a more talented team he would screw it up.

I'm not saying he can't win me back, but he's simply not what we need.

Even when this team wins it's not fun to watch. If you are trying to grow the program then it has to have some sort of appeal, and it simply doesn't have that.

Reaction Score
Any time he doesn't say something like, "USF was our partner in making us better tonight" I consider it a move in the right direction.

He seems to have evolved enough to understand that the goal is to win the game. That hasn't always been true during his tenure.

Reaction Score
Any time he doesn't say something like, "USF was our partner in making us better tonight" I consider it a move in the right direction.

He seems to have evolved enough to understand that the goal is to win the game. That hasn't always been true during his tenure.
Totally agree. I actually thought he seemed a bit pissed off in the post game. I liked that. For the first time, I got the feeling that he was unhappy with the loss. He was disappointed in the effort to block the pass rush and missed tackles. Usually, he's all unicorns and rainbows. There were some good things that he touched on but my overall impression of his post game was, he was bothered by this loss. That being said, I believe they are moving in the right direction. I couldn't say that 3 weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom