This is the most disheartening UConn loss since . . . | Page 2 | The Boneyard

This is the most disheartening UConn loss since . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
UNC 2009 was the worst....
Saturday was almost as bad. I went shopping with my girlfriend immediately after and was sick to my stomach the whole time.

Now that I've had a couple days to digest: Yeah, we lost. That sucks.
But the team looked unstoppable for quite a while and overcame 21 points quickly.

The play calling in the series before our last was what frustrated me the most, not the fiasco in the last 17 seconds.

I went and looked back at the last 17 seconds of the game; NO ONE was in a rush to get another play off. Navy certainly wasn't. Neither were the refs. And (most frustratingly) neither were we....but I'm not sure that we could have gotten another play in even if we WERE ready for it, given the incredibly slow response by the defense and the officials.

We lost. But we looked good at times and made one hell of a comeback. Hopefully all the pieces will fall into place this weekend - there is still a ton of football left to be played!

Hey, we might actually have a REALLY good team this year!

See you Saturday!
As soon as it was 21-0 I was packing it in considering our offense and opponent but we looked like gods for 70 % of the game.

Reaction Score
UCONN football losses have never hung on me for so long, because most of them didn't "mean" anything. They hurt at the time, but it isn't like the George Mason loss in the final 8, or the Packers loss to the Giants in 2008 in the NFC Championship game.

It sucks, but my prediction for the season is 7+ wins. Even though we lost, I feel more confident in getting to 7 than I did before the game.

Reaction Score
All have been solid picks. From the Memorial Stadium Department:

October 1996, home vs. Maine. Down 17-10. Score a touchdown with 30 seconds or so remaining to make it 17-16. Extra point goes wide right.

Reaction Score
Since # 15 Michigan, fullest of houses, up 21-7 late in the 3rd. I was very hopeful.

Reaction Score
UCONN football losses have never hung on me for so long, because most of them didn't "mean" anything. They hurt at the time, but it isn't like the George Mason loss in the final 8, or the Packers loss to the Giants in 2008 in the NFC Championship game.

It sucks, but my prediction for the season is 7+ wins. Even though we lost, I feel more confident in getting to 7 than I did before the game.

Hope your prediction is right, but I am not optimistic. In order to get to seven wins, there are gonna to have to be some upsets. What better situation for one of those upsets (i.e. on the road, against a good team) than to have the ball second down on the half-yard line with time for two maybe three plays depending on (Lol) play selection and decisive execution (throw the ball away if nothing presents itself on the first or second attempt). So, I'm think UConn just squandered one of those upsets needed to reach 7 wins.

Reaction Score
Hope your prediction is right, but I am not optimistic. In order to get to seven wins, there are gonna to have to be some upsets. What better situation for one of those upsets (i.e. on the road, against a good team) than to have the ball second down on the half-yard line with time for two maybe three plays depending on (Lol) play selection and decisive execution (throw the ball away if nothing presents itself on the first or second attempt). So, I'm think UConn just squandered one of those upsets needed to reach 7 wins.

Depends on the way you look at it. If we are truly better, maybe they aren't upsets. If we aren't truly better, then we are just hoping anyway.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Army, Rutgers, Mich.. all good comparisons to this one. On the scale of disheartening, a close miss against a decent opponent doesn't come close to getting pushed up and down the field by Towson and knowing 'this is who we are' - that was disheartening.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I completely overlooked the Michigan game for this topic. I should have felt disheartened but I didn't. I left the game fully expecting to go 9-3 LOL

Reaction Score
Since we're going down this road, shout out to 2009 as a whole. I remember all of these being CRUSHING losses because we were actually better than the teams we lost to:
vs North Carolina
@ Pitt
@ WVU
vs Rutgers

I believe these gut wrenching losses made the ND win for Jazz so sweet but still a rough year all around. That team could have legitimately been 11-1.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Since we're going down this road, shout out to 2009 as a whole. I remember all of these being CRUSHING losses because we were actually better than the teams we lost to:
vs North Carolina
@ Pitt
@ WVU
vs Rutgers

I believe these gut wrenching losses made the ND win for Jazz so sweet but still a rough year all around. That team could have legitimately been 11-1.
Actually, the other game we lost that year was also by less than 4 points. We lost the five games by 15 points. We we're that close to a perfect season.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
What about Vandy and the Johnny Mac pass that never should have been thrown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom