this is ripping my heart out | The Boneyard

this is ripping my heart out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lew Perkins often used the phrase "cautiously optomistic"

I'd like to apply this to my decades of allegiance to UConn, but the longer this drags out, I don't think it is in UConn's favor.

Dec 1st will decide who represents the BE in a BCS bowl. (Forget the ACC playoff nonsence for waiting to make a decision).

If Louisville beats Rutgers, they'll be in a BCS bowl and possibly a top ten ranking. And they would play more competitively against their opponent than UConn did against Oklahoma.

Football drives the bus. Who will help the ACC football footprint more.......at top ten team, or a team that rests in the bottom 10%. If you were an ACC die hard fan, would you want to invite a team worse than Duke?

Who will be the better draw at ACC stadiums........Louisville or UConn?
UConn couldn't fill its own stadium (40,000) on a warm, sunny Saturday afternoon against NC State.

Louisville probably even trumps UConn in basketball, baseball, and soccer AT THIS TIME......not that any of those three fit into the equation anyway.

As a fan, I feel like I'm about to be crucified.......and its ripping my heart out!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yeah. And I can't wait to hear the FSU, Clemson, VT and Miami fans rant on and on after UL beats us this Saturday 35-6. We honestly couldn't have picked a worse time to flop in football than the last two years. Thanks Hathaway!

Reaction Score
this is something that may give you hope.Its clear that the ACC has to decide what they are- a Bball conference or Football conference?.Which way they decide probably seals your fate. Good luck to you guys ..not a jab-really mean it..hope you get out of BEast .All Rutgers fans would rather see you guys wind up in a good spot over SarhaCUSE or sPitt..Beat Louisville..Send a message!
Kevin McGuire@KevinOnCFB
RT @IngramSmith Sounds as though ACC is heavily leaning towards selecting UCONN as 14th team - Ga Tech, FSU & Clemson have voiced objections

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is so short sighted. Who gives a crap who is better this year? Does everything stay the same? It's not like Louisville is Nebraska, or even has a fooball pedigree that comes close to WVU...which the ACC rejected. They have a decent team this year...nothing more. If we don't beat them this week, Rutgers will beat them at home and clinch the BCS spot.

Reaction Score
The ACC should take both teams now as they are the best left out there when all things are considered. The Big 12 isn't going to sit where they are numbers wise. Move now ACC. Success in all the programs other than football at both schools does add something to overall conference quality. Choosing one or the other is not the smart play long term. Football wise we are down but I don't see this continueing. It's not like we are 1-9. We have lost close games for 2 years. It can be fixed.

Reaction Score
Groundhogs Day.jpg
Groundhog's Day.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
this is something that may give you hope.Its clear that the ACC has to decide what they are- a Bball conference or Football conference?.Which way they decide probably seals your fate. Good luck to you guys ..not a jab-really mean it..hope you get out of BEast .All Rutgers fans would rather see you guys wind up in a good spot over SarhaCUSE or sPitt..Beat Louisville..Send a message!
Kevin McGuire@KevinOnCFB
RT @IngramSmith Sounds as though ACC is heavily leaning towards selecting UCONN as 14th team - Ga Tech, FSU & Clemson have voiced objections
Does that mean that the other 10 members have voiced objections to Louisville?

Reaction Score
For some reason I'm not too worked up about it. We'll eventually land in a conference with SU, BC and Duke as those three schools have no other options but the ACC or what remains of it. It could happen tomorrow or in 2-3 years. We just need to be patient.

Reaction Score
I guess it's because there is absolutely nothing I can do about it, but I'm relatively composed. What's going to happen will happen so I won't start excessive hand wringing over the whole situation. Running around like a monkey flinging crap at everybody won't help, either.

In a couple of years I'll move back to CT, renew my season tickets, and go to the games... Hopefully it's in a major conference and not the MAC...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Kevin McGuire@KevinOnCFB

What does GTech have against us? I guess they took that NC beatdown pretty hard.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
What does GTech have against us? I guess they took that NC beatdown pretty hard.
Competition for football coach?

Reaction Score
in fairness to the recent record argument....

maryland has had one of the bottom ten teams in all of CFB in the last 2 years, and they just made the most successful conference move in the past decade and a half (maybe ever, if you tally the financial gains they will make in this deal because of the success of the big ten network). They have had probably 3 good seasons in the past 25 years.

It sucks that we suck, for many reasons...but i think it's effect on realignment will be minimal when all is said and done.

Reaction Score

With Susan's ties to the Georgia university system, I think GTech might be an ally no matter what Twitter says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom