This is really Special | The Boneyard

This is really Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well what can we say? I am pleasantly surprised and you can tell what ever is going on with the team the coaching staff is all smiles..very happy and very excited about this group. Some big plus's. Butler and Chong are looking better each and every play. This is just added playtime as they both are becoming confident especially offensively. This will allow Geno to give his starters a breather without the team missing a beat and will force defenses to defend everybody without sluffing off anybody.

How do you explain something like this? You cant. You just enjoy it. There are so many factors that contributed to the success of this team. This just didnt happen over nite either. This is what Geno and Chris have built over the past 30 years and its contagious. The team is having fun playing together. You can see that by their smiles and the smiles on the coaches faces.

Winners find a way to win. This team is a group of winners, that have fun doing what their doing, and happy when their team mate makes a great play. They are in it together. Of all the great UConn teams and all the Great AA's UConn has produced this is a very special group.

So the Drive for 5 NC's continues. Its kinda funny looking back at the preseason with all the question marks about this team. One thing is for sure there are no doubts any more. This team is for real and after watching the past few games this team has the ability to blow out any team in WCBB which is really scary because they continue to get grow together.

Saturday at SMU will be a circus as UConn breaks its own record of 90 straight. The only question that remains is will another team challenge them. I dont see that happening.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
How do you explain something like this? You cant. You just enjoy it. There are so many factors that contributed to the success of this team. This just didnt happen over nite either. This is what Geno and Chris have built over the past 30 years and its contagious. The team is having fun playing together. You can see that by their smiles and the smiles on the coaches faces.

Winners find a way to win. This team is a group of winners, that have fun doing what their doing, and happy when their team mate makes a great play. They are in it together. Of all the great UConn teams and all the Great AA's UConn has produced this is a very special group.

Tony: completely agree. This group of young woman have bought into Geno's inner modus more comprehensively then any group before. If there is any lack of physical skills (and that is becoming more questionable by the moment), it is submerged and disguised by Geno's magic (as he said earlier).

The result is a team, that perhaps as completely as we've seen, performs on both sides of the ball, in a manner completely reflective of a sound, grounded, completely unselfish, killingly efficient style of BB.

No need to get too high; We've got it; fun: yeah, sure... but let's not get over-emotional ...We've passed the course, working on a PHD...we're cheerful assassins...Not jumping up and down enough? That's what you're for.

God, I love this team.

Reaction Score
Great post. No question that this team is full of guys who are winners as individuals, which is why the team wins collectively. I also think that Geno is at the absolute height of his coaching powers right now, after the Olympics and all. He's a better coach than even six years ago the last time this happened, so that helps.

It's a pleasure to see the joy and smiles on the faces of our players right now when they play. I recently re-watched last year's South Carolina game, and Stewie exhibited the very same thing that night, something I haven't seen from her really at all in the WNBA.

I think we're home free until the NCAA tournament. The only teams that worry me for March/April are Baylor, Maryland and possibly Florida State, and in that order. Don't think any other team has more than a remote chance against us, and right now I include South Carolina and Notre Dame in that category.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wouldn't include South Carolina. There guard play has made them better, and Coates and Wilson are big an athletic. Not saying we can't be them, but it won't be a walk in the park.

Reaction Score
Agreed. SC is anything but a walk in the park. Assuming UConn can continue to win until then, that game is set up in a way that could be a problem for UConn. SC is big and strong and, let's face it, good. They may not be as good as UConn is right now, but they are good enough to take UConn down on a bad day. If everything goes according to the way the opponents are ranked, UConn would be coming off several relatively easy wins. Those can be tuneups for the big game or cushion games that make the players complacent. I'm betting that Geno and staff won't let them get complacent, but stranger things have happened.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Great post. No question that this team is full of guys who are winners as individuals, which is why the team wins collectively. I also think that Geno is at the absolute height of his coaching powers right now, after the Olympics and all. He's a better coach than even six years ago the last time this happened, so that helps.

It's a pleasure to see the joy and smiles on the faces of our players right now when they play. I recently re-watched last year's South Carolina game, and Stewie exhibited the very same thing that night, something I haven't seen from her really at all in the WNBA.

I think we're home free until the NCAA tournament. The only teams that worry me for March/April are Baylor, Maryland and possibly Florida State, and in that order. Don't think any other team has more than a remote chance against us, and right now I include South Carolina and Notre Dame in that category.
I not really concerned about Maryland. We were up 19 when the fouls began getting called and I felt a couple were questionable. Slocum and Charles went off because we couldnt guard them because of the foul trouble so they took advantage. That wont happen the next time and the next time we will have a much more solid bench that can contribute more then they did in their first meeting. Baylor doesnt have the chemistry and ND has been struggleing this season. We are at a level now where I dont see us losing barring injuries and foul trouble and as far as foul trouble goes Butler and Chong are making strides and when Dangerfield comes back Im sure she will be at another level too so they should make us even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom