This Is Our 5th Major Blowout This Year | The Boneyard

This Is Our 5th Major Blowout This Year

Reaction Score
Providence, MSU, Arkansas, Alabama, and Memphis. And that doesn’t count the scrape by overtime games. I know some of you will argue the specifics of this but I can’t remember UConn teams getting constantly hammered this regularly, making me want to get hammered.

Reaction Score
I would be more open to Ollie returning if I actually heard something like this after one of these new programs lows under his tenure the last 2 seasons.

"This is not acceptable...I have to take responsibility as the leader of the program for this type of loss....I promise the UConn fans I will get this program back to where it was."

But you don't hear that from him so that's why some of us have no faith in the guy.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Providence, MSU, Arkansas, Alabama, and Memphis. And that doesn’t count the scrape by overtime games. I know some of you will argue the specifics of this but I can’t remember UConn teams getting constantly hammered this regularly, making me want to get hammered.

I would argue the specifics of Alabama for sure..

Reaction Score
I think everyone's full of it. There's enough talent on this team to be respectable and marginally competitive in the conference this year. They're not.

The kids on the floor look helpless. Like they're just looking for some direction. Any direction. There's no direction.... there's just more of this. Whatever it is. And it looks like they're just beginning to quit. And it's hard to blame them. The offense is indescribable for a division-1 level. It's pro system when it's run by kids who can't run it or aren't capable of it - it's crappy coaching. Defensively they look good for a minute. Don't look good the next minute.

But overall, this is a train wreck. No more getting around it. I'm pretty much at 100% fire Ollie levels at this point and I'm not sure what else could happen to get me off that train at this point. Losing happens. Everyone has nights. This *kind* of losing is becoming more the norm. Everyone has nights is becoming the new drum line. And hey - maybe Ollie isn't the problem, but even if he isn't, he's clearly out of answers and regardless of all of it, he's the guy who put the players here and the players we have are the players we have.

If it's not time for a change, then what would that time look like for you, exactly?

Reaction Score
I would be more open to Ollie returning if I actually heard something like this after one of these new programs lows under his tenure the last 2 seasons.

"This is not acceptable...I have to take responsibility as the leader of the program for this type of loss....I promise the UConn fans I will get this program back to where it was."

But you don't hear that from him so that's why some of us have no faith in the guy.
That's because he has no answers.

Reaction Score
And get ready, the roster construction is so bad that next year, if Gilbert doesn't come back healthy, they will have ONE ballhandler on the team, and he will be a freshman.

I'm just don't see the university and by extension, the state, coming up with $10 million to pay off ollie, then another 20 + to hire a new coach. Not with budget deficits what they are.

Reaction Score
PC is an exhibition, doesn't count. MSU beat us by that much because that one kid literally could not miss, classifying that with the other three is wrong. Two categorically embarrassing games and I guess this one a bit less so since Larrier was out.

Reaction Score
And get ready, the roster construction is so bad that next year, if Gilbert doesn't come back healthy, they will have ONE ballhandler on the team, and he will be a freshman.

I'm just don't see the university and by extension, the state, coming up with $10 million to pay off ollie, then another 20 + to hire a new coach. Not with budget deficits what they are.
It needs to be done if we ever hope to be relevant in basketball again. Not sure we'll need to come up with the amount being bandied around here.

Reaction Score
PC is an exhibition, doesn't count. MSU beat us by that much because that one kid literally could not miss, classifying that with the other three is wrong. Two categorically embarrassing games and I guess this one a bit less so since Larrier was out.
OK mea culpa. Auburn( in Alabama). PC was an exhibition game that they took seriously and wanted to win badly, and the only reason we didn’t win that was because we DIDN’T want to. MSU played a horrible first half which is the only reason it was close that long (we play that way all the time). What’s next, KO recruited great but we haven’t jelled yet? Regular 20-30 point losses are the norm for us. There will be more.

Reaction Score

It won't take anywhere close to $20 million to bring in a very good new coach. Coaches don't get 10 year contracts generally speaking. Our major revenue producing franchise is deteriorating right before our eyes. Not canning KO because of the buyout is like patching a roof that you know is eventually going to collapse. Spend the money now to fix it right or the situation will only get worse.

Reaction Score
There's a lot to unpack. Maybe they negotiate a lower buy out. Maybe he steps down. Maybe he doesn't.

But truth be told they're a top-50 university in the US. Trust me - $10 million *actually is* kicking around somewhere to buy the contract out. And they *will pay the next guy* whatever it takes if they like him enough. Because the comparative dollars they could lose relative to that $10 million and the replacement... are nothing in the big picture. They're not.

Reaction Score
Ollie’s greatest achievement this year is that he convinced a bunch of national sportswriters to find CBSSports on their dial tonight just to gawk at the damage he’s done to UConn.

I'm gawking. I mean after tonight, I'm literally speechless. Even if you had plotted out the downfall of the program minus an actual nuclear missile - i'm not sure what else you could have added to it to make it more picture perfect.

Reaction Score
There will be a good crowd for Villanova but for the rst of the home schedule they could save money by playing in the Mansfield middle school gym. And there will still be plenty of seats available. If awful play doesn’t cause a change playing in front of friend and family only will.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Thanks for not including games we won as blowout losses. You’re too kind.

Reaction Score

Who is this ball handler?

Reaction Score

I can't believe people are still talking about Gilbert. He is done. Forget him.

Reaction Score
Don't forget Auburn and Arizona.

Reaction Score
Is buddy even a UConn fan?
No he's a troll, probably a WVU fan, or maybe Gene Defilipo's neighbor. Lol. Loves to remind people on the Boneyard that UConn will never get out of the AAC, the football program will collapse, men's basketball will disintegrate into oblivion, only thing UConn has left is field hockey and women's basketball, and Geno is retiring tomorrow. If you want to bait him just post anything mildly positive about UConn on the conference realignment board. His back and forth with SC husky on the CR board is hilarious.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom