This is my 28th full season of UConn fandom | The Boneyard

This is my 28th full season of UConn fandom

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
As I've said in several posts, I wasn't born in the USA. I moved here in the late 80s and lived in the San Diego area until 1992. UConn first caught my eye during the 1990 NCAA tournament, but I didn't have the chance to watch them on a regular basis. 92-93 was my rookie season so to speak. That's 944 games since I moved to CT. Today's victory against Cincinnati was quite possibly the all-around best and most satisfying non-tournament game I've seen during that timespan. Definitely top 5 at the very, absolute least. This was a tough, gritty, grind of a game and I loved every second of it. We've now knocked off two conference leaders in a row and put Ws in the last chapter against two opponents who have owned us in recent years. Your last game, possibly ever, against an old foe doesn't get much better than this.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
It's the rebuild! This stretch of seasons since our last championship has been brutal, which makes a win like today's so nice. I have been watching as long as you as well (since around 1990), and I agree that today was fun. We are on the verge of being back.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
There were plenty of wins more satisfying than this but I hear you
This win was HUGE for this team - it proves to them that the Tulsa win was no fluke and have winnable games ahead including next Sunday vs Memphis
Love to see the results today

Reaction Score
There were plenty of wins more satisfying than this but I hear you
This win was HUGE for this team - it proves to them that the Tulsa win was no fluke and have winnable games ahead including next Sunday vs Memphis
Love to see the results today
Wednesday vs SMU is not winnable??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom