OT: - This is hilarious.It brightened a gloomy day in Alabama. | The Boneyard

OT: This is hilarious.It brightened a gloomy day in Alabama.

Reaction Score
Help!! I needed hilarity or at least a big smile as I look out on a snowy field. I read the web site, even read the obituaries (admit I didn’t open to read beyond what showed), and admit that sometimes us yankees can be accused of poor senses of humor.

WHAT AM I MISSING??:rolleyes:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Help!! I needed hilarity or at least a big smile as I look out on a snowy field. I read the web site, even read the obituaries (admit I didn’t open to read beyond what showed), and admit that sometimes us yankees can be accused of poor senses of humor.

When you open the the link,there is an obituary of a fellow named Terry Wayne Ward that was crafted by his daughter. It is a light hearted and insanely clever tribute to her father. by the way, I am an excommunicated Yankee, so I have heard that criticism in the past. Hope the link works for you. I just tried it and all was well.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
That was well worth the read. I wish I could have had a few beers with him.

I'm a born and bred Yankee despite being south of the Mason-Dixon for my entire adulthood. My wife knows to euthanize me if I lose my sense of humor.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
That's the kind of obit I want when I die. Several months ago I went to a memorial service for my friend and neighborhood Alice, who loved to booze and was very funny. Her brother started the service by saying it would be like a Quaker meeting: people should sit silently and reflect on Alice's life, and perhaps one or two people might be moved to speak briefly. The brother didn't know Alice's friends very well. People immediately started telling amusing and raucous stories about her. It went on for nearly two hours, and we all had a great time. I kept thinking -- too bad Alice isn't here, she would have loved it.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

"Terry Wayne Ward, age 71, of DeMotte, IN, escaped this mortal realm on Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018, leaving behind 32 jars of Miracle Whip, 17 boxes of Hamburger Helper and multitudes of other random items that would prove helpful in the event of a zombie apocalypse."

To me this is only not funny (as an obituary) if you believe the zombie apocalypse is something to actually prepare for. ;) And if you think Miracle Whip is actual preparation.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
That was well worth the read. I wish I could have had a few beers with him.

I'm a born and bred Yankee despite being south of the Mason-Dixon for my entire adulthood. My wife knows to euthanize me if I lose my sense of humor.
The author invites you to make donations at your favorite watering hole in his honor. Tell your wife that it is your obligation as a Southern gentleman!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I guess you can never have too much Miracle Whip. And it's good to know the Mesopotamian tribe is alive and well.

Thanks for sharing.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
That's the kind of obit I want when I die. Several months ago I went to a memorial service for my friend and neighborhood Alice, who loved to booze and was very funny. Her brother started the service by saying it would be like a Quaker meeting: people should sit silently and reflect on Alice's life, and perhaps one or two people might be moved to speak briefly. The brother didn't know Alice's friends very well. People immediately started telling amusing and raucous stories about her. It went on for nearly two hours, and we all had a great time. I kept thinking -- too bad Alice isn't here, she would have loved it.
I was raised in an Irish Catholic family. We call that a wake, and you are thought of as disrespectful if you do not partake of the water of life! Go Alice.

Reaction Score
Trust me, she was there having a ball.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I guess you can never have too much Miracle Whip. And it's good to know the Mesopotamian tribe is alive and well.

Thanks for sharing.
I read the article about it in the WaPo optimist section that appears each Sunday. It is often the source of joy. I am so glad that you liked it. Those Mesopotamians are a hardy bunch. Take a lickin' and keep on tickin'

Reaction Score
My entire family has never perceived the subject of death as off limits, rather just another opportunity for irreverence. We even came up with a humorous scenario for each of our funerals that took into consideration each persons foibles and ideosyncrasies.

I always wanted to be buried dressed as either a rabbit or squirrel ( buck teeth and all) with the coffin filled and covered with either carrots or nuts to keep me supplied for my final hibernation. It reminds me of the "Chuckles the Clown" episode on the " Mary Tyler Moore show" where she had a hard time keeping a somber expression during the service. Would love to have that effect.

No one could ever beat the exit that one of my relatives made. She had been ill and so her family sensing her impending demise all came to visit her for the last time. While they were all there she made a seemingly quick recovery. They were all in a festive mood around her when she suddenly blurted out. " Well you can now all kiss my " and in an instant was dead.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom