This is a strange year. | The Boneyard

This is a strange year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have to believe that if we get Boat back this season and we can fix a few things in our front court that we will have a pretty good chance at making a run in the NCAAs.

Looking at the ranked teams it's pretty wide open after Uk and Quse. Some of these teams are ranked so high because they are playing very average teams. Even the good teams like Quse and Uk can lose when they are not playing on their home court.

I also have to believe that AO and AD will get it together as the season moves along. AO proved he could do it last year and AD is AD.

Without Boat we are in a pickle- I sure hope there is some clarity soon.

WE ARE DOOMED!

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
If Boat isn't coming back soon, we're gonna see a lot more Brendan Allen in these February games. Can't have Bazz and Lamb combining for 79 minutes every game.

Reaction Score
Without Boat, I think we are a bubble team. With him, I think we're a 4 seed and should make a run to the Sweet 16/Elite 8.

Reaction Score
Without Boat, I think we are a bubble team. With him, I think we're a 4 seed and should make a run to the Sweet 16/Elite 8.
Yep unless the frontcourt improves improves and we get some scoring out of our wings. I'm not too hopeful on the RB situation but you never know. I'm still looking for DD to step up his game.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I have to believe that if we get Boat back this season and we can fix a few things in our front court that we will have a pretty good chance at making a run in the NCAAs.

Looking at the ranked teams it's pretty wide open after Uk and Quse. Some of these teams are ranked so high because they are playing very average teams. Even the good teams like Quse and Uk can lose when they are not playing on their home court.

I also have to believe that AO and AD will get it together as the season moves along. AO proved he could do it last year and AD is AD.

Without Boat we are in a pickle- I sure hope there is some clarity soon.

WE ARE DOOMED!
RB, production and defense from the wings, and a front court that shoots and makes 55 - 60% of it's shots and can learn to create for itself are the major things necessary to do well the rest of the season. The problem is all three things have been in limbo or inconsistent to the point where there is no way I can be certain things will change. This doesn't mean I'm giving up hope or not being positive. It just means I don't see evidence to prove to me it will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom